1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

!!! New Traders Court !!!

Discussion in 'Scam Alerts' started by AsstModerator, Dec 6, 2018.

1. 4evermaat

4evermaat Master Sergeant

I noticed since now there is not a folder for "open cases" and really there is no need for one anyway. I say that new court cases should that need voting participation should engage site visitors more directly in 3 ways:

1) be put as a dedicated section ABOVE the stickies of the scam alerts. This is just for open cases links and maybe keep them up for about a week after voting is complete. But the ones currently up for a vote need to be sorted towards the top. post-voting threads can be sorted to the bottom.

2) In addition, there should be a site-wide announcement above the breadcrumb navigation of all forum pages (except for the trader's court case and the scam alert page maybe) that there is xx active trader's court case(s) in session. Please vote with a direct link to the cases, or link to the scam alert page # where the active traders court cases will be shown above the sticky threads.

This screenshot will illustrate points 1 and 2 positioning more clearly.

fpa new traders court suggestion dedicated section above stickies and sitewide annoucement box.

This can be hidden by an x which would be good for 24-48 hours before it reappears. But it can be also be tied to a username also. So if that user has voted already for all open cases, then the user does not have to see it after closing it the first time.

3) Alerts (alerts tab) should be issued once a week for anyone who has not yet voted for a case. A separate alert issued for each case.

fpa new traders court suggestion add alerts.

Maybe this can also check if a user has already voted for a particular court case. And then no reminder alert for that user to vote is necessary.

2. 4evermaat

4evermaat Master Sergeant

Also, I think that there should be some additional forum scripts that check to see if a review is done and/or a scam alert thread. In other words, if a review is posted, but no scam alert thread you can send 2 reminder emails to post a scam alert thread with evidence. You can also use the "alert" feature on the website to send reminder alert to that member

And vice versa: if a scam alert is posted but no review is detected (pending or live) from the same user, then remind the user to do this with 2 reminder emails and the website alert feature.

This may help reduce the number of mismatching "reviews but no scam alerts" or "scam alerts but no review" situations.

3. AsstModerator

AsstModerator FPA Forums and Reviews Admin

Currently the coders are 100% engaged in preparing to upgrade the forum software. As soon as that is completed, I do plan to have better interactivity between the forums and reviews.

Increasing post counts for invitations means I then have to check to see if someone is really participating or just post-padding. The 2nd post in the thread and 4 day delay is primarily to weed out hit and run complaints from wasting time on escalations.

Since this makes votes less frequent, the mailings contain links directly to the voting thread. When the forums upgrade is done, I'll see if there's a way to do a site-wide note, but if someone has already ignored 2 emails, I don't have a lot of hope that this will lead to a large increase in votes.

kalle67, FxMaster and 4evermaat like this.