!!! New Traders Court !!!

4evermaat

2nd Lieutenant
For abandoned cases, there needs to be a date written either in the last post of the thread, a new post made with the remark, or it can be put in the title of threadYYYY.MM.DD or YYYY-MM-DD format.

Or somewhere on the thread needs to be marked with the lock date.

So this way, we can all keep track of how much time the thread was opened for.

4evermaat

2nd Lieutenant
For new scam alert threads, the 96 hour countdown / time should be put near where the invite buttons are.

The invite button can appear, but it can be grayed out. And then when the user mouses over or clicks on it, it would popup a message that "The invite function will be available 96 hours after the thread starts (after 2019.12.15 @ 13:54)". In the mean time, please make sure you have submitted evidence to substantiate your claims and answer any questions senior FPA members ask. You can blur-black out any sensitive info."

So including the literal timestamp when invite button will be available.

AsstModerator

FPA Forums and Reviews Admin
Please do NOT ask how to report scam in this thread. To get to this thread, you already came through the Scam Alerts folder. That is where you need to open your own thread. If you are lost, it's simple.

1. Click here to go to Scam Alerts.

2. Look for the Post Thread button.
PostThreadButton1.png
If you can't find the button, look towards the upper-right. You should see the button and also see your username. If you don't see either one, you aren't logged in. You must be logged in to post.

3. In the thread title, please mention the name of the company. That is very helpful for readers.

4. In the post, say more than "I've been scammed!!!!" Give some details about what happened. This will make it easier for people to help you.

5. PLEASE DON'T TYPE IN ALL CAPS. It just makes your post harder to read.

6. Once you have a thread for your issue, please to not open additional threads about the same issue. One trader having one problem with one company only needs one discussion thread.

MahdiMa

Recruit
I can Imagine how difficult and time consuming it for admins/moderators to manage this site. So I guess could not be helped but balancing acts need to be made.

My primary concern is that broker companies would not have as much urgency to try to solve each and every valid complain as when the individual traders court case is in place. This urgency, in my view, was largely due to any scam alert complain can possibly escalate to a court case against the company, where only 3 such case can lead to a scam label. Plain and simple, everybody understand. Time will tell, and you can track this from the data such as #complain/resolved cases etc.

what makes this site unique, and what made it one of the go to brokers checks for me is that there are transparent engagements between the brokers and the clients who have problems. More importantly, the sense of urgency that I could observe from the brokers to present their argument or resolve the case whether it was a misunderstanding, error or damage limitation. All these ultimately culminates and at the same time attributable to the hair-raising-gasps-inducing scam label feature on this site.

I would hate it if any changes made weakens or worse turn this site into another thousands review sites out there that assign some number of stars which has lost meaning ages ago to people. Thousand sites, thousand different stars assigned.

4evermaat

2nd Lieutenant
I can Imagine how difficult and time consuming it for admins/moderators to manage this site. So I guess could not be helped but balancing acts nizeed to be made.
Are you suggesting an alternative method of implementing the new court system? The current way is a lot more efficient for both sides. And transparent.

I would hate it if any changes made weakens or worse turn this site into another thousands review sites out there that assign some number of stars which has lost meaning ages ago to people. Thousand sites, thousand different stars assigned.
That won't happen anytime soon, as long as @AsstModerator still works here.

MahdiMa

Recruit
Are you suggesting an alternative method of implementing the new court system? The current way is a lot more efficient for both sides. And transparent.
Ah apologize for making the elementary mistake of not seeing that this thread was made a little over a year ago, I assumed that since this was updated recently, the changes was just being made. Having said that, I think it is a good idea, if you haven't already, to evaluate any notable changes periodically to ensure continuous improvement of the site. And considering this particular court system has been in effect for over a year, I presume you have enough data and first hand experience to do that.

For me personally, on top of my head, i am curious of the following:
  1. How's the #complaints/resolved case compared to the previous trader's court system? any notable difference?
  2. The eagerness of the brokers to engage in resolving each individual client's complaint, qualitatively (observations) and quantitatively (statistics such as the point above)?
  3. The # of companies went to scam label votes compared to previous system?
  4. The rate at which ratings went down versus scam complaints, biases issues as undisclosed weighting was implemented?
  5. HR wise, easier to manage now as expected or some other issues emerged as a consequence?
Of course some of the points above need to be controlled by other variables to be meaningful, but you get the idea

TeamFreedom

Recruit

That won't happen anytime soon, as long as @AsstModerator still works here.
Exactly, everyone deserves a fair hearing as well as everyone does what is best and right. This way there won't be abuse of process in a any way.