1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New trading opportunities ...

Discussion in 'Jarratt Davis- Trading Signals' started by Jarratt Davis, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Jarratt Davis

Jarratt Davis Special Consultant to the FPA

Hi Everyone,

The USD/JPY hit the target of 99.00. I took it off a little sooner though at around 98.30's for a profit of around 70 pips or so.

Hopefully some of you were riding this move with me :)

As it climbs to 100.00 i am going to leave it a lone for a while just to see what it does next. If it breaks the 100.00 area then we could see another move up towards 110.00 ... But i do expect some pull backs first. So i will sit on the sidelines and keep you posted for now.

My new focus is on the British pound.

The GBP/USD is looking quite bearish and i am currently short from 1.5350, looking for it to drop to 1.5300 / 1.5250 over the next week or two. The pair has just rallied off the back of some stock market related news (Vodafone) Which in my opinion is just a reactionary move that will be corrected. The rally has simply given us a better price at which to sell.

I will watch the price and the news very closely and update you all as i manage the position and the sentiment changes.

Any questions, type them in!

Thanks

- Jarratt Davis
    Fx trader, funds manager and Forex mentor
    www.JarattDavis.com

2. Haja Alaudeen

Haja Alaudeen Recruit

yup Davis...made a few pips in usd/jpy...have taken another long position now and hoping that 110 is round the corner :) ...Cheers..

3. elbe17fx

elbe17fx Private

very nice. took to usdjpy from 97.9 to 99.00. thanks for that mate!
    Now also short at gbpusd... lets see.
    nice weekend

4. tangmase

tangmase Corporal

hi jarratt, thanks for the suggestions about gu trade opportunity - whats is your sl - you are working with ??

kind regards,

ts

5. jamesvs

jamesvs Private

Hi Davis, Thanks for the insights and thoughts on the USD/JPY. I did quite well!

6. trexy123

trexy123 Recruit

Short gbpusd now?

7. Kennedy Assante

Kennedy Assante Recruit

Hi Jarrat,
    thank you so much for the Pips. It was moving slowly but at the end of the day, there was a Profit for me and that is what counts. Thanks again and a succesful next week.

cheers, Kennedy

8. Brett Reynolds

Brett Reynolds Sergeant Major

Hi Jarret. GBP/USD in recent Uptrend and passed major Resistence at 1.5265 area and 'Retested over last 2 days. Trend still looks 'Bullish' on 1 hr and 4hr Timeframes. Next Resistence at 1.5460 area. I will be looking at this area to look for PA Signal to short!?

9. Jarratt Davis

Hi Tangmase,

I use sentiment based stops, which basically means that i am keeping a very close eye on the institutional news feeds for anything that is released which might change sentiment. If there is nothing really notable and the price rallies (like it did yesterday on GBP) i will just hold my position or possibly add to it at a better price.

There is always a specific reason for a sustained move in one direction so if there is no clear reason coming through the news feeds, the move probably will not be sustained etc...

The main thing to understand is that i do not use leverage so even if the price runs 100 pips against me i am still only 1% down on my account .... I focus instead on consistent gains regularly rather than trying to hit the home runs or compound and double the account quickly (Which never works in the long run)

Hope this help! :)

- Jarratt Davis
    www.JarattDavis.com

10. Jarratt Davis

Hi Peter, if you check back through the posts and the charts you will see that the trade already played out. We took the short from that area and rode it down for a nice profit.

I am not looking to trade Euro right now because of all of the issues in Italy and Cyprus etc ... There is no clear bias right now, pushing it one way or the other.

As soon as i get some good signals i will try and pass them on here :)

Thanks Peter!

- Jarratt Davis
    www.JarattDavis.com