1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie Broker Question

Discussion in 'Beginners Bootcamp' started by tradedwinds, Oct 20, 2009.

1. tradedwinds

tradedwinds Recruit

O.K. first of all let me say hello, I have a question about a live account.

I am using a STP broker And I placed a couple of trades the other day that Meta trader popped up and said "not enough money " then I adjusted the lot size and tried again (started at 2 then 1.8 ) first one a 13:13 then 13:14 then the same error "not enough money" Finally I drop to 1 lot at 13:15 and it goes through. Now my question is this, I have heard of price manipulation and spikes but never really believed them. But if you look at the pic and the tic chart (1min EUR/GBP) October 15 2009 at 13:13 (7:13a.m. central time u.s) and notice that the trades went through anyway, which concerns me greatly but worse yet is that the price that the 13:13 trade and the 13:14 trade closed at buy the broker for insufficient margin, that the actual price never reached what they closed at according to the candle? I high lighted the close price on both trades and you can see it never made it? So whats Up? Is this a false price feed spike? Hope this wasn't too confusing??

[​IMG]

2. Lhar_fpa

Lhar_fpa Private, 1st Class

I'm being confused with your question :p

3. Doug Reo-Cocker

Doug Reo-Cocker Private, 1st Class

Me too, It didn't let you close your position or it didn't let you open a new one?
    If it's the first, your broker is a scammer, if its the latter you just didn't had any money to open that position I guess.

4. elah024

elah024 Private, 1st Class

it actually was confusing..:err:

5. Eric Alyea

Eric Alyea Master Sergeant

Death by Margin Call

The "Margin Call" to me is like a shoot out and I got "Blanks" they get to kill all my friends (Dollars Invested) and I can do nothing because my battle plan was not right (didn't read the broker fine print).
    I like the way you posted it for us to look at.
    I think you will get some help soon.

6. Pharaoh

Pharaoh Colonel

No stoplosses and trading large sizes. Unless you've got a big account, that's a recipe for a fast margin call.