Newbie - Demo trading

Status
Not open for further replies.
My suggestion is not thinking about your demo as your real. A lot of people are transferring their demo "experience" to the real account, which makes them lose a lot of money. When you are trading demo - you don't fear, you are not afraid to lose your money, because they are not real hence your trade very aggressive and don't think about risks.
So when you start trading real - change your mindset and wish you luck.

Wish you not to do mistakes i did while trading on demo. I wouldn't recommend to trade with very high leverage and with very high amounts. As for me, better to learn trading on demo with $500-1000 and up to 1:100 leverage.
Good luck!

You took the right approach to forex. Ut shows just ow serious you were about it. You spent quite a lot of time in a demo account and that is why you did not blow your account. Keep on trading like that and you wull be a skilled trader in no time. I advise all other new traders to do this. It works best it all scenarios.

You have served as a very good example to the ither new traders. I also spent a lot of time on my demo account before I went live and it really worked for me. If you go live after a lot of tome in a demo account then you will not make losses like you would have if you had not.

When I joined forex I was told that it is very complicated and that most people barely survive long in forex. Time is money and in forex it is actually money. The more time you spend learning, the more chances you have of being successful in forex trading.

Whoever made demo accounts certainly knew what they were doing. I know that most people in forex barely spend enough time in their demo accounts. They do not understand that it is the source of experience and rush into to going live after a few days of trading. A demo account is definetly the best training ground for newbies.

I've always used demo but not necessarily for practise. I use it to test a new strategy. At the start of my journey I found best way to learn the risks is to risk something for real

Hi all,

New trader starting out his journey here. I have been demo trading about 2 months and have been learning as much as i can through books webinars and sites like this.

I did trade briefly about 6 years ago for 6 months or so and had no idea what i was doing with no real strategy. I didn't blow an account or loose a lot but went straight into live trading as i thought it cant be that hard! lol

I guess why i signed up was to when i am ready start a journal and post my thoughts and trades down for others to see...get some accountability and try keep me honest to my strategy.
always demo mate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back