News, News, News!

DazNev

Recruit
Hi all,
I've been trading FX for a few months now, and am getting mixed results.
The main problem is that I am normally about a minute too late to take full advantage of any action.

I invariably end up missing the initial price movement and am only able to take advantage of a second or subsequent movement, which doesn't always come, or is in the opposite direction!
At the moment I am listening to Bloomberg Radio via the net to get the figures that you highlight in your excellent trading video's.
Is this what everyone else is using?

Are there any subscription services/faster ways to get the announcements?

Obviously you don't need me to tell you that literally every second counts in this game!

Many thanks!

I think we are in same situation, likewise many others that use this great service of Felix and friends. I actually plan on subscribing to Fx Diamonds that is being run by Felix, but I am having a problem with the payment, cos I can't use credit card from my country. I would love to know how you are going about the whole situation.
Thanks.

Some of us use the Forex factory website calendar Forex Calendar @ Forex Factory
which is updated fairly quickly after the news comes out usually within about 5-20 seconds. I am not sure if this is quicker than Felix's calendar above or at
Forex news trading calendar with economic events analysis and currency exchange charts
Of course you can set both long and short orders paying attention to the daily trading signal estimate of the scale of the move so as to set your exit limits within the expected move. Yes I know it can all go wrong and wipe out your stops rapidly in both directions, but you also need to look a the likely resistance and support levels for a longer (time) trade.

Back