News reports as they come out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

harrybarry

Recruit
One of the problems I currently have is seeing the reports "as" they come out. The forexbastards economic calendar is seeing what reports are going to happen...but I need to know as they are happening. Anyone have some suggestions?

Newsfeeds

Harrybarry

Thats a problem for a lot of people :) There are a few suggestions. Basically what you are looking for is a newsfeed, usually a paid subscription. Remember, they are not going to be as fast as some of the instiutional newsfeeds that the big companies use, like reuters or bloomberg.

Trade the News
Newsstrike
Need to Know News

hope that helps :)

another newsfeed

There is also djnewswires.com

I personally use newsnow.co.uk as I simply don't try to beat the news-spikes

Cheers!

newsfeeds

Cool thanks guys for the help, I'll check them out and see which one I like better. Trade the News looks like the best option so far.

Is there no one who offers them free? Just as MetaTrader gives charts for free? I recognize that often you get what you pay for, but all we are looking for here is usually just a single number.

Or, is there any reason why someone who gets Felix's daily emails and also has access to the number can't come in the daily thread Felix is putting the day's signal in now and just post what the number is?

Thanks for anything anyone has to say--

Jeff

News Feeds

Cool thanks guys for the help, I'll check them out and see which one I like better. Trade the News looks like the best option so far.

I have used Trade the News for almost 2 years now,, its worth every penny,, like most news sources though sometimes they are slower,, sometimes they are faster but for the money they are well worth it.

Is there no one who offers them free? Just as MetaTrader gives charts for free? I recognize that often you get what you pay for, but all we are looking for here is usually just a single number.

Or, is there any reason why someone who gets Felix's daily emails and also has access to the number can't come in the daily thread Felix is putting the day's signal in now and just post what the number is?

Thanks for anything anyone has to say--

Jeff

Hi Jeff, forexfactory has the best thing out there for free. If you are not trading the SPIKE, then this should work for you fine. Just click on calendar. About 8 min before the news comes out a little Green twisty comes up next to the news announcement. When the news happens, click on the twisty and the number will appear.

If I am not trading the spike, and only the retracement, I have found this works just fine.

Hope this helps.

MG

I have used Trade the News for almost 2 years now,, its worth every penny,, like most news sources though sometimes they are slower,, sometimes they are faster but for the money they are well worth it.

Ditto on PFXS statement. Trade the News works great for the money.

MG

News calendar

Just wanted to inform everyone here, since some of you have referred to news calendars, ours (if you haven't seen it already - click on the Forex News Calendar link on the very top of the page) will soon be updated in REAL-TIME. Also, our charts will be updated REAL-TIME. We have some crazy programmers clued to their screens at the moment coding away on this feature. It will be better than forexfactory, or any other calendar out there. Did I just brag? :) No seriously, we have put a lot of time into it - and its almost complete. Just another resource to help you with trading.

Cheers
ADMIN

Trade the news gives a 7 Day trial.

Go check it out for 7 days and see what it's like.

It's always good to have both the text and audio in case of inaccuracies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back