News trading

mrforex1

Recruit
I'm new to this forum and I'm interested in subscribing to the "secretnewsweapon" I've recently opened an account with
Dukascopy. Is anyone successfully trading the news using the secretnewsweapon and dukascopy? I'm wondering how quickly your picking up news spikes and are there any problems getting filled?

Hi everyone,
I am new here and looking for a supportive environment to improve my forex trading skill.

Regards,
Phoenix

Forex forum

Welcome. I suggest heading over to the intelligence headquarters and receive the latest briefing on brokers and trading strategies. :cute:

Hi General, This is the first few minutes of my newly "registered" experience in the FPA and I can see that I am about as lost as a new recruit can be after jumping off the bus into boot camp. I have a demo account using MetaTrader 4 and have traded 10k up to 26.5k in a couple weeks. This has got me pretty exited about Forex trading. I however, have studied the markets; commodities, stocks, indexes etc since 1992 and have read and own over $10k worth of books. I've used almost every kind of trading software that's out there and have owned many. Studied at seminars with Bill Williams, studied WD Gann, Fibonacci, Steve Nisans Candlesticks, and way more. I've made good money trading in the past but have also lost a great deal of money. Overall it has cost me a new house and a marriage. I've paid a dear price but I will not give up because the alternative is to work a dead end job till i'm in the grave. My losses to markets in my life have helped to perpetuate this very fear. To quit trading at any time would be like looking upon Dante's sign over hells gate the says "Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here" and having no hope forever of a better life. I have been in the battlefield of the wars between fear and greed. And I've come to understand alot about my emotions, much the same way as a soldier feels when he has lost his comrades and the enemy is advancing. The discovery I made this morning of this site (Forex Peace Army) is the same to me as walking through the Sahara for 40 days and then finding my comrades drinking cool water and eating fruit at an Oasis and to be tied back into my unit so we can fight again.

Very well said. I think that every one who gets into trading can identify completely with what you've said, and you've found a really descriptive way to put it; whether we've been duped into opening a $300 account and lost it from being undercapitalized, or been burned by a broker, or undeveloped risk and money management for thousands.

I've said it once before on this forum, the only true way to fail is to quit.
I don't like the saying that 'winners never quit, and quitters never win' because the word 'winner' is a castle in the sky, and I think that you've seen that and a few other things I don't like about the saying. If being a winner means you're smug, I don't want to be a winner. If being a winner means that you achieve or attain every goal you ever make with ease, I don't want to be a winner. If being a winner means that you're always the coolest and best dressed guy around, it'd be a need trick to pull that off in a hospital gown on your death bed or when you puke your guts out and die of a heart attack.

I've been a member here for less than a month, and I've posted more than seventy times...since actions speak louder than words, I think you can see that I feel this is an oasis of ethics and morality, and ultimately the future of money. If people around the world find out there are groups like ours, this world will be the better for it.

Welcome to the group.

Hi General, This is the first few minutes of my newly "registered" experience in the FPA and I can see that I am about as lost as a new recruit can be after jumping off the bus into boot camp. I have a demo account using MetaTrader 4 and have traded 10k up to 26.5k in a couple weeks. This has got me pretty exited about Forex trading. I however, have studied the markets; commodities, stocks, indexes etc since 1992 and have read and own over $10k worth of books. I've used almost every kind of trading software that's out there and have owned many. Studied at seminars with Bill Williams, studied WD Gann, Fibonacci, Steve Nisans Candlesticks, and way more. I've made good money trading in the past but have also lost a great deal of money. Overall it has cost me a new house and a marriage. I've paid a dear price but I will not give up because the alternative is to work a dead end job till i'm in the grave. My losses to markets in my life have helped to perpetuate this very fear. To quit trading at any time would be like looking upon Dante's sign over hells gate the says "Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here" and having no hope forever of a better life. I have been in the battlefield of the wars between fear and greed. And I've come to understand alot about my emotions, much the same way as a soldier feels when he has lost his comrades and the enemy is advancing. The discovery I made this morning of this site (Forex Peace Army) is the same to me as walking through the Sahara for 40 days and then finding my comrades drinking cool water and eating fruit at an Oasis and to be tied back into my unit so we can fight again.

Bravo woodsman1, I've been there as well. I still feel like I'm constantly fighting that uphill battle to stay disciplined and confident during both the good and the bad times. Sounds like you have enough know how and education so you're halfway there. I recommend you start posting your experiences here and see what effect it has on your trading. There's something about being vocal with both your wins and your losses and your experiences along the way that's beneficial to yourself and other traders alike. Welcome to the group.

Welcome woodsman1, glad you found FPA and I hope you get something out of it, you may find that the circle of active members is sometimes a bit smaller than you'd like but the natives are friendly.
Sorry to hear you lost your wife and house because of this business, I personally would find that a very high price to pay for staying in the game. If I was given the choice I would always stick to my family, maybe the choice wasn't yours, anyway hope you find the time to post your thoughts.

Back