NFP on Friday? What your plan for Auto trading?

If you plan to use ea after or during nfp it may cause you bad consequences, you know. NFP is such report on change in employment in the US economy outside of agriculture. Hence it directly affect the national currency rate as well as assets which somehow connected with various spheres of economy. Most of EAs aren't configured on such events thus it may cause you big losses in case the national currency rate will drop down, or, contrary, you can earn good money if the national currency rate will be increased. So, I personally don't think it's a good idea and you'd better stay away from it imho.

I tend to only run my EA from Mon - Thurs. This helps avoid NFP and also allows trades to close before the weekend (unless they are sitting in DD). Seems to work well

When I had EAs I always tried to be out which wasn't always be able to be that's why I prefer manual now I have much more control over my trading

I would pause trading for NFP. It's a difficult one to predict. Sometimes there's very little fluctuation but on the odd occasion it can be very sporadic. Not worth losing your hard work.

I always tried to be all closed and done for the week before NFP when I used EAs
I have seen traders that use ea turn off ea while before news NFP is released because the impact news sometimes chaotic and unpredictable, a technical trader may stay away from the market when news NFP.

Back