Not a Trailing Stop [for FX Choice]

dbcooper

Recruit
Last evening I traded using a trailing stop of 50 points without establishing a Take Profit. The trade ID is #22489264. Hours later I'd inquired as to why my Trailing Stop was not activated despite moving some 700 points to the negative of the order direction. Now, The MT4 platform remained live along with uninterrupted network connections.

FXChoice's response: Please note that a Trailing Stop isn't activated immediately, but it waits until your trade goes into the positive territory for a certain amount of pips, equal to your Trailing Stop. If the trade doesn’t reach that level, the Trailing Stop is not activated. In addition, you’re supposed to keep your MT4 platform on so that the Trailing Stop functions. Please note that only the trading orders that you send (TP/SL/ Buy/Sell pending and market orders) are saved on our trading server. A Trailing Stop requires that your MT4 platform is on.

Now, It's always been my understanding that a trailing stop order sets the stop price at a fixed amount away from the market price with an attached "trailing" amount. As the market price moves in the order direction, the stop price moves by the trail amount, but if the market price goes in the reverse of the order direction, the stop loss price doesn't change [ as in 'stop loss' get it? ] , and a market order is submitted when the stop price is hit.

The damn thing is activated the instant the operator say's so! It's not some wishy washy this didn't happen so that won't either bull****! It completely fails me why as why a respected broker like FX Choice doesn't understand the common simplicity of a trailing stop order. Too much drinking their own cool aid I guess...

& FWIW: The order is still active as of this write...

Last evening I traded using a trailing stop of 50 points without establishing a Take Profit. The trade ID is #22489264. Hours later I'd inquired as to why my Trailing Stop was not activated despite moving some 700 points to the negative of the order direction. Now, The MT4 platform remained live along with uninterrupted network connections.

FXChoice's response: Please note that a Trailing Stop isn't activated immediately, but it waits until your trade goes into the positive territory for a certain amount of pips, equal to your Trailing Stop. If the trade doesn’t reach that level, the Trailing Stop is not activated. In addition, you’re supposed to keep your MT4 platform on so that the Trailing Stop functions. Please note that only the trading orders that you send (TP/SL/ Buy/Sell pending and market orders) are saved on our trading server. A Trailing Stop requires that your MT4 platform is on.

Now, It's always been my understanding that a trailing stop order sets the stop price at a fixed amount away from the market price with an attached "trailing" amount. As the market price moves in the order direction, the stop price moves by the trail amount, but if the market price goes in the reverse of the order direction, the stop loss price doesn't change [ as in 'stop loss' get it? ] , and a market order is submitted when the stop price is hit.

The damn thing is activated the instant the operator say's so! It's not some wishy washy this didn't happen so that won't either bull****! It completely fails me why as why a respected broker like FX Choice doesn't understand the common simplicity of a trailing stop order. Too much drinking their own cool aid I guess...

& FWIW: The order is still active as of this write...
First of all, invite the company by using invite company option to your thread. And if you unable to locate the option then this thread "Tutorial: How to Invite a company to your thread." will help you to find out.

Ok, FXmaster,
My understanding is that this is not out for public view yet. If is is please take it down. I would like to reword & follow your suggestion to invite the Company. If you've got any other thoughts or guidance please feel free to share them with me. Any education on the site &/or community will be welcomed as well.

dbcooper,

I think you are barking up the wrong tree here. No MT4 broker offers a trailing stop. You must be talking about an EA trailing stop that is attached to your platform. This EA is either not working, or works differently to what you you expect. Before you can blame the broker, you need to make sure that you have done everything correctly from your side. In my experience people generally get things wrong when they trade via EA's

I suggest you upload the terminal logs and EA logs so that we can have a look at what happened.

dbcooper,

I think you are barking up the wrong tree here. No MT4 broker offers a trailing stop. You must be talking about an EA trailing stop that is attached to your platform. This EA is either not working, or works differently to what you you expect. Before you can blame the broker, you need to make sure that you have done everything correctly from your side. In my experience people generally get things wrong when they trade via EA's

I suggest you upload the terminal logs and EA logs so that we can have a look at what happened.
Well, your points well noted but the word "Barking" is not suitable in this suggestion :)

Why trade with FX Choice? They are accepting US clients totally illegally and you should be trading with a US regulated brokerage.
Please don't tell me it's because you want that crazy leverage they offer :(

100% guaranteed to blow your account out inevitably.

Best of luck mate.

Back