Not this time

rpaco

Sergeant
It seems that the USA was saved from plunging into recession in the1940's by finally entering WW2. (Having loaned us $4Billion and flogged us a load of equipment which we finally finished paying for only this year) the mass employment provided by the war was the saviour of the US economy. (Amazing how many think you gave it all to us~)However this time its different, you already have at least two wars going and look like attacking Iran any minute and having already attacked Jordan. Can you imagine your reaction if Mexico attacked some towns in Texas claiming they were harbouring terrorists.

Anyway Obama has very little opportunity to get it right. He is rumoured to be strongly supportive of unions which if allowed to implement protectionist policies will have the same disastrous consequences as in your last full blown depression when they helped deepen it. Another Hoover Dam perhaps? How can he prop up GM and Ford whilst expecting the Japs and Europeans to not to do the same. I reckon that whatever he does, at least one or the other cannot be saved. There is simply not enough market to support two monoliths, even if they were making sensible sized vehicles and even then the credit to buy them with is disappearing fast, after mortgages, credit cards, HP, then loan sharks will rise. I see an opportunity for certain Italian families to rise in the financial world, with of course little chance of defaults on the loans. Do we forsee a Mafia guaranteed financial instrument?

Over here we are hearing of the banks wisely spending our bail-out tax money on massive parties, I think a few public hangings could perhaps persuade then into a more appropriate frame of mind, I would have a director hanging on each side of the main door as a reminder to behave properly and carry out banking not gambling.

Still the bright side is that the coming collapse of currency due to inflated money supply ie printing too many dollars and pounds will bring many forex trading opportunities.

Last edited:
Wot no opinions?

Well I had expected to be shot down from all directions, surely you cant all agree with me.
(I know -- don't call me surely!)

Ot maybe nobody reads this.
Is there anybody out there?

(And his horse in the silence champed the forest's ferny floor)

Last edited:
Just testing,I still cant paste into here
No not even on edit

Last edited:
I would say that America still wasn't damaged that much in both wars around the globe which allowed here to do something like that with that matter anyway. Where else we could see real history if not on Forex Peace Army ? LOL, good thing is ability to trade weapons.

Personally, I don't have any exact political opinion. But I think America's holding up okay. Right now, the Coronavirus pandemic is causing all countries to suffer a lot and only calculate losses and damages. But not only is America doing well, but it is also sending humanitarian aid to other countries and helping its unemployed citizens with money. I can't say that everything this country does is cool and I support it by all means, but in crisis situations it shows itself more than okay.

Back