NZ Yahoo

onshore

Private, 1st Class
Boy am I rapped I am the only person out of a population of 4 million that is part of this forum those are pretty good odds HUH.
come people where the H*&^ are you.

:p

Hi Onshore

Hi Onshore,

Well now there are 2 of us from NZ. I have just joined this forum today. I have tried all sorts of ways to trade forex over the past 4+ years. Recently I have tried trading the news and so far have had some reasonable success.

My main concern (apart from the late nights/early mornings !!) is the fact that brokers increase their spreads so much right on the news announcement time. I am with FXCM and I like their new system of a 1 click trade but still I find that when the price moves really quick I am now getting filled.

Any thoughts, suggestions or strategies on this or tips that you use ?

Thanks, kiwitrader

Hi Onshore and Kiwitrader

Hi there I am a typical kiwi skeptic and I've been keeping my i on this lot since May 07 and have been delightfully surprised by Felix's weekly reports and forecasts so much so he has helped to make me some very good trades, I've been in the forex markets since 99 and lost and won a small fortune, been scammed out of thousands and thankfully (thanks to some great friends and their information) I have scratched back some of my losses and still continue to review my methods but as I have been informed many times I need only take the I out of my trading and "I" may do much better, slowly but surely and thanks to forums and groups of traders such as these I am getting there.

I live in Rotorua, Wife and family, Mortgage, 1 cat, 1 dog, vehicles and a small business with which I intend to build, in time (as i have only been building for 22 years) into a medium sized, forex funding Giant! :D

Anyway, Onshore and Kiwitrader i wish you the very best with your trading and if i am able to help with anything please just PM me
All the Best
hundredfold
;)

Hi Hundredfold,

Its great to hear from you. I have also been following Felix's daily emails regarding the news announcements and I like what I see. It seems to me that the most important part of news trading is having a decent broker. I am currently with FXCM but their execution has been dreadful and I am now on a demo account at Hotspot - so far so good. They will be allowing live mini accounts in March and I intend opening with them at that point.

I have been trading for 4 years and after trying almost every type of trading, I am finally starting to see some results. I trade 3 systems. 1) I set my own trades on a daily chart using Fib levels. 2) I have aother strategy running on Tradestation which uses a few indicators, S&R levels and breakout and 3. I have started news trading. I think that between them I have all bases covered ????

I live in Cambridge with my partner, 3 kids and 2 step kids.

Sorry but I'm not sure how to send a PM - maybe you could send me one with an email or phone number if you like and we can have a chat about some Forex trading.

Regards,
Kiwitrader

Kiwis at Heart

Hi kiwitrader, and Hundredfold, You are talking to bartpat from Kawerau ,NZ
I Have just joined the FPA but have been reading alot about felix and all the benifits he offers. I still have to start a demo acc and start trading. I was Looking at ACM as a broker , any comments out there? Thanks Bartpat

Murphy's law

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum, Live in Whakatane and I was wondering if anyone has tried ot the Diamonds room?

Hi PeterM,

I completely forgot about this thread until I had an email saying someone had left a new comment. I have not tried the Diamonds room myself and to be honest I have stopped news trading all together. The widening of spreads and the difficulty with getting filled correctly was making it not worth continuing with.
I have much more success with my other trading systems. One system I trade is a simple set and forget system that is set at the opening of each daily candle. That is currently up 48% for the year. I also study candle formations and find this much more reliable. You can email me at info@spaview.co.nz if you would like more details.

Hi to all other traders from New Zealand. Maybe we should try to get this thread alive again ?

Regards,

Kiwitrader

Another kiwi here, kinda finally returning to NZ from the hell hole known as the square mile (central london) after 4.5 years. Have been trading for about 18 months & have for the last 3-4 been trading as my main source of income. Has been going very well. Best of luck to all you other kiwi fella's!!

New Zealand Forex Club

hello everyone another kiwi here, Hey im trying to get interest for a New Zealand Forex Club (a bit like the property investor meetings) anybody here keen for some regular catchup`s and cups of tea?? or know of anybody. Looking to spread the forex word and share ideas. Cheers

Andy

Hi Folks,

Another Kiwi fx trader wannaby here. I live in BOP. Great to see other kiwis have joined this forum. I have only just started down the forex track, so currently have not traded live, as I know I need to get educated first.
Look forward to catching up sometime with you all.

Best regards

Bob

Back