OctaFx. I lost $3356.51 in a hacking incident.

ℹ️ Info ⭐ Reviews ❓FAQ

shafibd

Recruit
OCTAFX cheated my $3356.51. My account hacked on 10th November by hacker and I communicate with them but they never help. I can't recover my account due to their no cooperation. I informed one of the support staff named Ian for locked my account but the support staff always cooperate hacker for big commission. Please help me for recover my loss.

OCTAFX cheated my $3356.51. My account hacked on 10th November by hacker and I communicate with them but they never help. I can't recover my account due to their no cooperation. I informed one of the support staff named Ian for locked my account but the support staff always cooperate hacker for big commission. Please help me for recover my loss.
Okay, here we go again.

First of all OctaFX NEVER cheated you. Period.

Second of all, yes, the account probably was hacked. Along with the OctaFX account, the trader lost his email, Moneybookers account, I don't know, what else. Although no one will listen to it, but according to OctaFX Customer Agreement, and also according to regular common sense your passwords security is your sole responsibility.

Still, we are ready to communicate on this matter and see what we can do. "Communicate" means have reasonable negotiations on how we can help the trader. Scam-scam-scam, aaaa, cheated, bewaaaaare - this is not communication actually. We urgently need Captain Obvious here.

So right now, apart from groundless accusations, I would like to hear what exactly the trader wants us to do in this case. Most probably we will compensate the losses incurred, provided we have enough evidence the account was really accessed by someone else, and funds were withdrawn by someone else. Even though the withdrawal (we are talking about 250 USD in total) was performed to THE VERY SAME Moneybookers account, which was always used by the trader. Well, who knew the client lost access to it.

I would like to request moderators to rename the thread. We are working on the situation. And if the topic starter is kind enough to start telling us something that makes sense - we are all ears.

Such a bad broker - letting those evil hackers grab passwords to things that the broker itself would never have access to. LMAO!!!

WAKE UP PEOPLE! If you get your computer hacked, you can lose your passwords to EVERYTHING. Blaming the broker, moneybookers, or your email provider is just wasting time and effort. Get in touch with your Internet Service Provider or go down to the local computer store and ask for help securing your system.

I must agree with OctaFX here, it's the trader problem.

Again and again we have the same issue, people should use their logic before they come here and shout "Scam".

On 10th November my account hacked and I communicate with OctaFx Support Staff (Ian) continuously for lock my account. But He never cooperate me. In this circumstances I lost $3356.51. Please help me.

We have to look and listen points from both side, I do agree with officially representative but as victim said he informed that lock down my account to save my money but they didnt do it. Think on it too Mod....

We have restored the orders "closed by hacker" to their initial state. At least, this is what the client wanted. Case closed, I guess.

Problem is, we still don't have enough information to the account was really accessed by someone else. Or it was just a trader trying to scam the company. It is not the 1st case of evil hackers accessing poor Bangladeshi traders' accounts. It looks like hackers these days are all focused on this country and don't care about hacking anything else. The days when people hacked Pentagon are long gone. All eyes on Bangladesh now.

So our CS actually did everything pretty much right. We had no right to block the account by a request from someone we can not identify. The client was also not behaving logically. Contacted us once a week, blackmailed us, posted a thread here, lied to us at least twice. Well, I think we will never know what exactly happened 10th of November.

I dunno, guys. I am asking you again about renaming the thread but I don't feel my concern will be addressed. You definitely need some sort of pre-moderation here or some other measures. The quality of the court claims is falling, poor scammed traders give no details, they are unable to provide any sort of evidence. And they feel like they can just yell "[broker name] - SCAM!", and it will make all the troubles disappear. Get real already.

Otherwise one day brokers will stop reacting here. Like I said in the beginning of this thread, we are ready to talk and negotiate. But we are tired of throwing excuses in front of cheaters and doing all the investigations for them. Just to save our name and reputation. This is the 2nd case with OctaFX at this particular forum, when we have to defend ourselves where we DID NOTHING WRONG. How many other cases do you need?

Well, Again I`m agreed with Rep.... And right now there are lots of Bangladeshi hacker out there and they are trying to cheat Lots of Broker... Mod I also request you to rename this thread.

How many other cases do you need?

Hello, this question is not related to the case in this thread but since you are here I want to ask this:

Why do you let traders open an account without providing identification and when they withdraw you request a certified copy of identification
to be MAILED to you by courier? I am not a client but I read from others who withdraw have been requested this ludicrous and costly condition that looks more
like a delaying tactic from an unscrupulous broker. It's not a regulation of St. Vincent and Grenadines, an unregulated place in the West Indies.
So why are you doing this? It certainly discourages me and many other traders from opening an account with you. Interested to hear your reply.

Hello, this question is not related to the case in this thread but since you are here I want to ask this:

Why do you let traders open an account without providing identification and when they withdraw you request a certified copy of identification
to be MAILED to you by courier? I am not a client but I read from others who withdraw have been requested this ludicrous and costly condition that looks more
like a delaying tactic from an unscrupulous broker. It's not a regulation of St. Vincent and Grenadines, an unregulated place in the West Indies.
So why are you doing this? It certainly discourages me and many other traders from opening an account with you. Interested to hear your reply.
No, let's not lie to the community, ok? We process about a thousand withdrawals daily and we do not "request a certified copy of identification" on EVERY withdrawal.

We are doing this in cases when the documents sent for verification are so obviously fake or unrelated that we want to know who we are actually dealing with.

I have another question: if you have a clear and normal set of documents to verify your identity - what's the problem sending it? If it discourages you, most probably something is either fake or wrong with your documents. You have something to hide. If that's the case - please refrain from opening an account with us.

If not - we have about 140k clients. We have about 10-15 cases of requesting documents by regular mail in our entire history. Which is 0.01%. It's very hard for you statistically to get into the lucky number. Honesty is the best policy for BOTH traders and brokers. Too bad people forget about it.

Last edited:
Back