OHLC for account equity?

funkymoose

Recruit
Hi
Does anyone know of an indicator that would show the OHLC for the account equity in MT4 instead of price action? Current day OHLC and previous day/s would be great.
Thank you

Most indicators are price based. I suppose it would be possible to create some sort of "equity candle". That would be an interesting way to evaluate the safety and stability of a trader or trading system.

Yes that is exactly what i would like to do. I like trend based systems and usually the day's equity range is quite big. It would be useful to ascertain a) if I am actually making any money! and b) when best to close the positions if I know that the max day's range has likely to have been reached. Maybe if there was such an indicator, it would be useful to incorporate it into an EA.

Another interesting idea would be to be able to "flip" between demo and live trading automatically with the EA. The account can continue to run in demo mode after the positions have been cashed in and when the range is showing to have dropped sufficiently, enter positions again. Like we want to enter positions at the bottom of the equity candle.

I have seen EAs working that have been built to do exactly this, I am not sure that they are commercially available though.

Back