• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss OlympTrade.com

General discussions of a financial company
Get a job! LOL
Seriously, that's not how you can make decent money with Olymp. What kind of an answer do you think you should give yourself in this situation?

that wasn't very kind of you to say that :)
but i understand what you mean. relying on olymp trade as a stable source of income is stressful. noone should do that. i don't :D

Market's not kind either. You didn't get the point. At least you didn't get the half of the point. Before asking for advice on the forum you should question yourself on the same issues. Above you've asked what to do with the fact that you don't know what your system suggests for a particular situation on the market. If you don't ask yourself, I can ask. What do you plan to do?

Such companies spend a lot of time on marketing and they provide a lot of bonuses, promotions, they doing everything to see your deposit.
true, OT really has got many of the mentioned promotions.

Market's not kind either. You didn't get the point. At least you didn't get the half of the point. Before asking for advice on the forum you should question yourself on the same issues. Above you've asked what to do with the fact that you don't know what your system suggests for a particular situation on the market. If you don't ask yourself, I can ask. What do you plan to do?
aahw, gotcha.
well, thanks for the help, that's really easier to answer someone rather that speak to yourself inside your own head.
i guess the strategy needs to get a bit more formalized.
market conditions change... how? what's changing? what parameters can i measure to make my decisions easily, without all this white noize happening there all the time? got to think about it.
thanks!

I have found an indicator in the Olymp Trade MT4 platform that seems to be of a great usefullness. It is called Average True Range and it reflects times when the market conditions change. The mathematical formula used in the indicator points out the moments of higher volatility or strong trends when buyers absorb the resistance of sellers (or vice versa). Together with the trading volume, I can find good entry opportunities, but it feels like more indicators are needed to see the whole picture. Any suggestions?

ATR is used in many other technical tools, for example, Bollinger Bands. But in the bold form, it works like an oscillator, showing the peaks of activity. Not sure about the trading volume tools as they reflect the market activity on a daily chart. Try to add Average Directional Index and simple moving averages to the ATR indicator. THe thing is that ADX is a momentum indicator, pointing out possible reversals when the bullish and bearish lines cross each other. If the ATR is growing at that moment, you can follow the trend.

Hey, guys, what timeframes are you talking about? If you mention intraday short-term charts, you could mess up the general trend direction. I use the strategy of three monitors designed by Elder. The basic idea is to find moments when trends on three different timeframes coincide. I always open deals to follow the general trend. It happens that the market goes against it, and here’s when the ATR index is useful. It can reflect the activity spikes, although it might have fake signals because of the market noise. To filter them, I use Stochastic RSI as it’s a slow-moving oscillator.

ATR is good, but it does not show the trend direction. Add MACD with Exponential MAs or Ichimoku Cloud alone. They will filter wrong signals. But again, taking into account the emotional impact after some important events in the fundamental side of things, remember that the technical analysis might reflect wrong sentiment in the short run.

Back