• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss OlympTrade.com

General discussions of a financial company
Nice to read so many good ideas in trading. If I may ask, what timeframes are you talking about when you mention the ATR indicator?
My experience is not so huge but I noticed quite an effective combination of tech indicators for EUR/USD on hourly charts: MACD, RSI and MAs. Or it’s possible to use Williams Alligator as it contains three exponential moving averages with different periods. The only concern is that signals are quite rare...

I take advantage of the ATR’s accuracy on 15- and 30-minutes charts of several cross-rates such as GBP/AUD, GBP/CHF, EUR/JPY, AUD/CAD and NZD/CAD. Those are ranging pairs and they could offer good chances to play ping pong, selling highs and buying lows. It’s not that often, but it happens from time to time. The main condition is that those currencies should move in the same direction versus the greenback so the cross-rates will be vulnerable to intraday fluctuations depending on the regional trading session.

Come on, MACD is too slow and lagging. Even if you find a divergence, it has to be confirmed by oscillators, and it might require too much time for working this divergence out. I saw many times MACD drawing multiple divergences but the market did not reverse. That was on the same hourly charts as you mention. Currency pair: GBP/USD. I think Bollinger Bands is the best indicator for any timeframe. You just wait for a test of the upper or lower line, see a whispaw on the candle and open trades in the opposite direction to the previous one.

Sterling is a tricky beast versus any other currency as it can print so many false breakouts on Bollinger Bands and serial divergences on MACDs that never start working out. Stay out of the Cable no matter what happens.
EUR/USD is much more predictable. MACD is good but too slow for me. Why not try alternative ways like Parabolic SAR together with ADX? 15- and 3-minutes bars are full of accurate signals.

Well, Parabolic SAR and ADX is a good combination for the mean-reversal strategy. But what would you say about continuation patterns? Until when would you keep buying or selling the same underlying asset? I think that overbought or oversold conditions on Stochastic will reflect the end of the trading cycle.

I’m trading with OlympTrade and their policy is not fair, there is too many hidden terms that is not make sense for me! So they always cancel my profit, said something strange when I talk to them via live chat and there is no problem solving

for a long time i had no idea how to trade, how to forecast the market. I felt like helpless and got lost in those damn indicators. fortunately, I have stumbled on one thing that seems worthy and i’m currently testing this on a demo account. once i learn to use it with good results, i will practice it on a real account.

yeah, that’s what i mean. i have recently learned about their existence. i spent the whole week reading about them. then i started to practicing this stuff on a demo account.
at first, i had no idea how to draw them. then, i thought that those lines should connect peaks and lows situated on the same heights. i saw that the price rebounds from them or punctures through them. it doesn’t always give a 100% positive outcome, but at least things go more or less steady and i feel that i stand on a firm ground and can do something.

Back