• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss OlympTrade.com

General discussions of a financial company
I didn't quite understand the question. Studying one indicator in MT takes the same amount of time as learning all the basics of the Olymp Trade online platform, which is 5 minutes tops. And if you consider this question in a wider perspective, e.g. is it worth dealing with Olymp Trade or searching for a different broker with a familiar MT terminal, then I have already partially answered to this. Consider a platform and a broker as one of the trading types on a financial market. It's quite easy to learn how to use a web-platform, and trading is convenient there. The limitation of stops is quite original, of course. Comparing to MT, profits and losses are on the currency of the account and not in the price of the asset. In the same time, to get the same functionality in MT you need an expert, which is quite hard to find and install for most of the newbies.

I know many brokers, who don't even have demos, to say nothing about the deposit of 10 dollars:)

I still think that the lack of automation tools is a big problem. If you start studying metatrader, you'll be ready for all kinds of situations in the future.

Try writing a trading robot or download it and apply in the practical trading. The results will be unpleasantly surprising. In the best case scenario you'll get a tool for getting a very small profit, in the worst case, you'll lose money and more than one month on testing, which is more than 95% of cases in my experience. And the most important thing is that the robot's profit when tested on the history of operations doesn't guarantee profit in the future, how much ever time you spend on research and tests. Traders call this process the search for the Holly Grail.

I think only the most experienced traders can create a profitable robot. First the strategy and then the development of the robot. Wasting time on learning programming without having a strategy is irrational.

I think I understand what you mean. First, you need practice. What a complete beginner should start with in trading?

Learn the basics and then try getting a stable profit. Combine different assets, search for patterns in the behaviour of currencies and study the impact of the fundamental factors. Newbies usually focus on getting the maximum profit in the shortest possible time. In this case it's better to start studying the leading indicators, MACD, for example. There's a bunch of traning materials on Olymp, it's a convenient platform, which doesn't require any special knowledge; there's also a list of the most popular financial assets. I got a stable income on Olymp 10 minutes right after I registered there. I think this is not a record :)

10 minutes is something! Although, if you think about it... it takes a second or two to open a deal, and there are enough clients in Olymp Trade, so 10 minutes is definitely not a record :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but by trading here in the Forex is it actually impossible to lose more than the amount on your deposit? It's not logical. There are situations when the deal is simply impossible to close due to the lack of counter orders. For example, under very powerful movements. For example, I bought pounds on the night before Brexit, invested half of the deposit in the deal, and the next day the pound falls by 2000 points or even more.

I don't think it's possible to insure anyone against unexpected movements in advance, but brokers always have a few ace's up their sleeves. For example, it is possible to close counter-orders within a broker or on the interbank market. We don't see the whole situation, but liquidity is always there. For us, customers, it doesn't matter one way or another. If the broker guarantees the conditions, it must comply with them. Therefore, I ALWAYS use the transaction limitation function, I'm glad the platform sets it automatically.

Back