• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss OlympTrade.com

General discussions of a financial company
Before important news, brokers usually limit trading to those assets that may come under attack. If you manage to open a position before the restrictions, the order will be closed by the spread, which would expand before the news. The service fee doesn't change here post factum, so I guess they just close the deals on the day before the event. This is a common practice for all brokers without exception.

I'm leaning towards the latter option. Trades placed earlier are executed first, which is logical. How many orders does Olymp Trade allow to place?

10 are a few. Brokers with MT4 allow you to open hundreds of orders. Not all of them, though. Some of them limit the amount of orders opened at once.

The profit is likely to be maximum if you close profitless orders and keep open profitable ones. So I'm looking for a broker to try this strategy out with some cryptocurrency.

This idea is irrational because currency movements are cycling. After a grow there's a fall. Profitable orders become unprofitable and vice versa. The rate becomes average without outside pressure, which happens during the times when the demand is the worst. You should close an order at the top of the rate to get the most profit out of it. It quite hard to understand in practice when one order is at its top level, not talking about hundreds of them. I think that trading with cryptocurrencies should be basic, and if you lack it, use trading in flat strategies.

I think you're being a bit disingenuous. Cycles are determined by technical analysis, as well as price peaks. It is possible and necessary to open orders based on the fundamental analysis, but the technical analysis helps you close them:) And if we are talking about cryptocurrencies, then it is often necessary to open them according to the technical analysis. A vivid example of this is the recent rise of bitcoin from 3000. After the last fall from 6000 bitcoin was in the triangle pattern and upon its completion bitcoin was simply forced to move.

I agree. Triangle was often mentioned in different analyses. I would also like to learn how to conduct technical analysis.

Technical analysis is simple. Unfortunately, it is impossible to draw on the working chart, but there is a special page for analysis. It's in the indicator menu. The webinar section provides guidance on how to conduct analysis. It's more just a reference information, of course. Full manuals can be found on the Internet.

Back