• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss OlympTrade.com

General discussions of a financial company
This is not the first time I see people advising to use 5 minutes plus 1 hour TF for analysis and trading. Are there any specific reasons for it? Why not 30 minutes? Not 10 minutes charts? How come everyone keeps choosing same sets of timeframes?

This question is easy in fact to answer. This is a common standard that traders all over the world use. SO the patterns that are used in technical analysis appear same for all traders only if these traders use same timeframes for their analysis. The charts time frames that Olymp uses are standard ones.

Hmm, don’t you think that it’s not a good idea to use the same instruments that other traders use? Don’t we want to have some competitive advantage here? And what about 15 seconds timeframe that Olymp has got. Is it a standard one too? Doesn’t look like it.

Sure it is. 15 seconds timeframe is a standard in scalping. I’ve watched some educational videos and this is what many professional scalpers use. As for competitive advantage, I think that trading mustn’t be overcomplicated. Worked for everyone - should work for me.

Its not exactly about overcomplicating things. We use standard timeframes, because we want to see what other traders see. To be precise, as I understand it, we want to see where the smart money are moving the price and where they plan to reverse. They don’t do that in a middle of nowhere for sure. We want to see where they left their footprints. These footprints are easier to see if we use the same timeframe they’ve used. Changing the timeframe to some exoticv one is like digging the soil around and trying to find these footprints afterwards. Hope this explanation makes sense.

Hello guys I’m new to trading and I am most interested in trading options pls need advice on how to go about it and also need strategies on how to be profitable because right now im making use of the sma and ema indicator all together and also using the martingale money management rule.but still on demo account

Hello guys I’m new to trading and I am most interested in trading options pls need advice on how to go about it and also need strategies on how to be profitable because right now im making use of the sma and ema indicator all together and also using the martingale money management rule.but still on demo account
I have a feeling that with all this volatility and trends changes we will all have to go back to desk and learn how to trade again.
None of us probably was a trader back in 2008 to see any of similar crises personally. I’m just wondering how we can use all this information that’s coming in now and what lessons can be learnt here. Looks like we need to change the approach and get more flexible.

I really don’t know what we can learn here. That we shouldn’t trade with no stop loss? That we can lose all of the deposit with just one deal that wasn’t closed in time? That leaving trades over the weekend is dangerous?

Ahaha, no that’s kinda obvious. I meant, I’ve heard many traders lost a lot these weeks, but others used the volatility and got their yearly profit in just few days. I want to find out if anyone has some ideas on how to be on the side of the second type of traders. No doubt crisis can be used to make money. The question is HOW? Let’s take Olymp and some observations. Personally I’ve found options trading to be more profitable during the times of increased volatility. Any similar observations?

Well, I don’t think that all we hear from forums is true. People who claim to earn fortunes these days can turn out to be nothing but liars. Anyway, speaking of real opportunities, I think that when the market gets wild risks increase. Increased risks bring on increased rewards. The law of risk to reward balance remains the same, this is just the amount of money that we speak of that changes. If you can afford risking more, this will be your chance to earn more. If you can’t afford taking bigger risks - better stay out of the market at the time of crisis and come back when everything settles down. Actually, I think this is the wisest thing an unexperienced trader can do when the oil war starts.
On the other hand - this is important - if you've noticed that options trading at Olymp is more profitable for you these days - I'd suggest you to concentrate on options trading. A good trader is flexible, because markets change.

Back