• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem OptionRally is a scam

I am having an issue with a company

Sree

Recruit
I deposited $13000 in Optionrally two years ago using my credit card and never tried to withdraw any amount until April 21st, 2015. My ID = 81757.
Their Account Managers change frequently and trade suggestions they gave always resulted in losses for me. With in the first month of my deposit, I lost $8000 following their account managers trade advise. Since then I have been trading very small amounts. They always try to advise you to invest 70 to 80 percent of your amount on few trades which is just like gambling without any risk strategy. On April 21st I requested for withdrawal of $3000 and on 22nd I requested withdrawal of $500. Even after this withdrawal request, I still have some amount of my own deposit left with them. I never considered the bonus amount they added to my account as mine and only traded with my deposited amount.
I received a confirmation email stating that within 48 hours the amount will be deposited back to my credit card. I waited for 4 days and followed up with their call center agent. They said Account Manager Mike Brown was trying to call me to confirm that withdrawal was requested by me indeed. I informed the agent I didn't get any call from Mark and requested him to arrange the call. As i was not getting the call, I asked for Mike Browns number but none of them has any direct numbers. I called their call center numbers and asked to connect me to Mike but they said they can not do it and he only have to call me back. On 28th April I received a call from Mike Brown suggesting me to consider investing on some instruments as market is vibrant etc. I clearly informed him that I need money and confirmed to him that I only requested the withdrawal. He said amount will be cleared the next day. It has been more than three weeks now and still the amount is not cleared. I took screenshots of my account details and also have emails as proof. I would like to know if the amount is not returned, where can I formally lodge complaint against them and if there is any way to officially book them under criminal case for cheating.

Too bad the deposit was so long ago. That will ruin your chances of a chargeback.

What country do you live in?

Since Early November 2014 when I first tried trading through Optionrally, I have had nothing but multiple problems with this company. There is now no doubt in my mind that behind the glossy trading site of Optionrally there is a group of very sophisticated scammers. As an absolute I to trading, a fact which the allocated "broker" Anna Patrovsky established in the first few minutes, I was easy pickings for this ruthless company. Issues included:
1.High pressure sales . Anna said she was avery experienced trader based in Switzerland. She would give me instructions or directions as to which trades to make" and she "would make me a wealthy woman." She stressed that "it was the very best time of year before Christmas to make money"
2.Unauthorised removal of money from my account on three occasions, eg I gave permission for them to withdraw $10000 and they took $13500. When I requested the return of the $3500 money, i received three different responses, the finance section, Max Hunter saying he thought that was the agreement I had with Anna, Anna then promising "to fix everything" then absolute silence on the matter and of course no return of the money. On another occasion after much argument $1000 was deposited back into my account the removed three days later!
3. No mention of any conditions for withdrawal of money, nor limits as to the amounts that can be withdrawn which Anna later told me. At the time I joined I later discovered that there was a statement that withdrawals could only be made only after "a required volume" was reached, There was no other detail. The site has since added more, including the volume having to be reached within 100 days (a virtually impossible task).
4. Conflicting and misinformation as to my current trading volume over an extended period of time along with the required volume for withdrawals.
5. Complete lack of explanation about the implications for withdrawals of accepting a bonus which was actually just put into my account with them.
6 No clear explanation about "insurance" given for the early unsuccessful trades nor information about any condition or time limit on these. I was later asked to return some me of them so that I could withdraw! Anna herself was often confused about which money put in by the company was the initial bonus and which was insurance. They were all listed as bonuses in my account with them.
7. Emotional manipulation, eg "You sound like a nice person and I am here to help you" "I will make you a wealthy woman . "You will be able to take your family on holidays" dear, darling etc "I am honest, your friend and I am on your side. You can trust me."
8. Controlling strategies such as not answering questions, distraction techniques, claiming to not understand the question, speaking very rapidly and refusing to taking "no" for an answer, often saying things such as "she has to go to a meeting now", or "ask her boss", or "attend to another client investing a very large sum of money" and never getting back on the issue.
9.Between 80% and 90% of the trade advice given resulted in failed trades. This applied to both the individual trades Anna gave and later the group list or "signals" given routinely. The Trade advice signals put up on the trading site on the graphs were in my experience, !00% wrong.
10. Over time, after initially being extremely attentive and available, making promises that she "would allow withdrawals at the end of the month, if I had a need " (which I did!) Anna steadily became less and less responsive to my enquires. I was trying to establish what the rules for withdrawals were, along with the actual and required trading volumes.
On one occasion she said she would let me know the following week about a possible withdrawal. After not hearing from Anna the following week, I opened the trading site the to find a notice saying the company was closed for three weeks for Christmas etc! (This notice was only up for a very short time, possibly a few days.)
11. Once I finally convinced Anna that I was not prepared to put in more money, (having lost it by mostly following her advice or"signals"), Anna dropped all contact with me.
12.Some weeks later, I received a phone call from a woman called Ami. She said she was “a recovery” trader at Optionrally and if I put in more money and took long term trades not with currencies, I would be able to recover my losses over period of 6 months to a year. She suggested “a small amount” of $5000! This was clearly yet more of the same scam.
There were many other issues with Optionrally. Inappropriate anger, passing on responsibility to another person within the company, promises not kept and general misinformation or lack of it, and finally simply laughing when I said I wanted to close my account (Anna said "Oh I haven't had anyone ask that before! Typically she did not tell me how to do it.))
All in all my experience with this company has been truly horrible. I have lost a large amount of money and a great deal of time engaging in what proved to be a most futile attempt to improve my financial situation. I wish more could be done to protect people from Optionrally and companies like them and hope that this contribution may go at least a small way to achieving that end. Any additional ideas would be welcome.
I have sent a formal letter of complaint to Optionrally.

Three steps that you must follow

1st - Invite them to join this thread via email (Send email to every possible address).

Hong Kong (Headquarters)
Level 5, 7 & 8, Two Exchange Square,
8 Connaught Place, Central.
Hong Kong
Phone:+852-39733738
Fax:+852-3006-1439
Email:Support@optionrally.com
Hong Kong +852-39733738
Russia +7-4995044402
Turkey +90-2127055635
Dubai +971-44457921
Bahrain +973-16198828
China +86-75586243633
Saudi Arabia +966-8-111702349
Japan +81-345789233
Singapore +65-3-1080750
South Africa +27-105001844
Australia +61-281034119
Canada +1-647-8460876
Switzerland +41-44-5083030
India +91 20 6707 2598

General informati: oncontact@optionrally.com
General Customer Support: Support@optionrally.com
Technical Support (Website): webmaster@optionrally.com
Technical Support (Deposit): deposit@optionrally.com
Technical Support (Withdrawal): withdrawal@optionrally.com
Trade Disputes : Teamlegal@optionrally.com
Compliance Department: compliance@optionrally.com
Banking Department: banking@optionrally.com
Affiliates Department: Departmentaffiliates@optionrally.com
Education Department: Departmentedu@optionrally.com
Suggestions Teamimprove@optionrally.com
Business Developmentbizdev@optionrally.com

2nd - Go to their website and invite them to here via Live Chat.

3rd- Go to their Social media pages and share you story as a comment on latest post.

https://www.facebook.com/Optionrally

https://twitter.com/optionrallycom

https://plus.google.com/112141409215774230454/posts

https://www.linkedin.com/company/optionrally

PS: We want your votes at open cases, check this section FPA Open Cases and votes for Guilty or Not Guilty.

Woodfire

Not sure if you are addressing this question to myself or the first person on this thread.
If its me, The answers are
1, Australia.

2Withdrawn from Master card 6.11.14 -10.11.14 $4250 USD = $5110.34 AUD
Withdrawn from Savings account by wire 6&7 .11.14
$ 4000 USD + $5000 USD
$4870.33 AUD + $6087.91 AUD = $10958.24 AUD
========
Total $16068.58 AUD
========
Into Optionally 4 &6.11.14 Credit card $4250 USD
‘’ ‘’ 12.11.14 Wire $8670 USD ? Where is the $330?
=========
$12920 USD
=========
Into Optionally 3/12/14 from Credit card $6000 USD $7416 AUD
==========
$23484 AUD
=========

This was both all of my savings and credit available on credit card. I have emails promising return of money which they had taken without permission

om: Jenny "woodfire"
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2014 8:02 AM
To: Max Hunter
Subject: Major mistake in withdrawals.

Hi Max and Anna,
A major mistake has been made in the amount of money you have withdrawn from my accounts.
After the initial deposit of $250.USD or $300.77 AUD, I agreed to $10000 USD to be withdrawn.
It appears that you were unaware of the initial withdrawals going through from the credit card to the total amount of
$4000 USD or $4809.57 AUD and you followed up with withdrawals from my savings account of $9000 USD or $10958.24 AUD
The total you now have is $13250 USD or $16068.58 AUD.
This has put me in a very difficult position with the bank.
There is also no record of the wire amounts in my account on your site at this stage, although I understand that this may be a normal delay for them.
I attach relevant statements and request you contact me ASAP by email initially as I will be out from 7.15 GMT to 10GMT so that the matter can be resolved.
With thanks,
Jenny

From Anna Patrovsky 11th Nov 2014 6.40pm
Hello my dear how are you? I just got to the office and saw this I spoke to finance and they believe this is wht they agree to with you but no worries I can fix all for you!
First let me check if the wired arrived and I will write you back
How are you today?

There was no further response to this issue. The wired money went through Optionrally

How would this help? There is a limit to how much exposure I can cope manage.
I have already sent the complaint to three different sections of Optionrally and reported the whole matter to the Australian Federal Police Cybercrime section.
I have now sent an email invitation to join this thread, to all sections of Optionrally as suggested.

How would this help? There is a limit to how much exposure I can cope manage.
I have already sent the complaint to three different sections of Optionrally and reported the whole matter to the Australian Federal Police Cybercrime section.

Hi Master Sergeant

I am from Canada.
Yes i realized I am late reporting here.
I would be happy if this post helps other innocent traders.

Sree

Hi Master Sergeant

I am from Canada.
Yes i realized I am late reporting here.
I would be happy if this post helps other innocent traders.

Sree

Follow the suggested steps Sree, I hope you will get your money back soon.

Back