Optionrally Scam

I'm looking forward to seeing big fines against OptionRally from Cysec, and , if we're lucky, some criminal charges.

My story is very similar to yours. Started with the minimum amount and was immediately pressed into depositing $10,000 USD. I was told, "You won't make any money if you put in less". Only they took an extra $3250 USD without my permission, later claiming that there had been a misunderstanding between the finance section and the broker. The broker Anna Patrovsky promised she would sort it but didn't. I should have stopped then but foolishly didn't. The sales pitch and emotional manipulation was huge. Like yourself, I was not given any information re bonuses, withdrawals , 100days etc so all decisions were made blindly. Along with this the trade advice (in whatever form they gave it by phone call, email, of advisory signals and even on one "live webinair") was appalling with at least 90% of them resulting in loosing trades. As you need to "win" approx 75% of trades to make money, this quickly became an impossible situation. They also kept moving the goal posts for the required trading volume. Again claimed a "mistake" was made and apologised but nothing done about it. They were "confused" about which money was "bonus" and which "insurance" etc etc At about this stage, the horror of the whole thing gradually dawned on me.
Of the total $23,484 AUD put in, between 6.11.14 and 3.12/14, after much argument I got back $1000 USD, which they then again removed from my Australian Credit card 2 or 3 days later. Anna had said this was "a test" prior to sending a bigger amount. After more pressing from me I finally did receive the $1000 back again but was unable to achieve any more withdrawals.
Much of the "negotiation" was done over the phone. I now wish I had recorded these conversations directly , although I made notes following some of them. If you can manage to record the conversations it might help build a better case.
More of my story is on this site under a different thread "Is Optionrally a Scam?"
Please let us know how you go with St Georges bank. I am with Westpac and was told by them that since I had given my credit card details to them, there was nothing they could do! However now the company is being recognised as a scam and ACORN are saying that they will investigate cyber crime, maybe the banks will be more likely to respond positively. Lets trust this will be so. I will talk to Westpac again.
I have made formal reports to ACORN and Cysec, along with emails to all the different sections of Optionrally.
Predictably, the Australian email address is now apparently inoperative!
All the best in your endeavours to get your money back.

If they took money from your credit card without your permission, file a police report and talk to the fraud department at your credit card's issuing bank IMMEDIATELY!

Hello Woodfire.....
Well I do have a further up date. Well quiet astonishing really. After taking the Master Sergeants advice, I rang the St George Bank card dispute service, this was after sending emails to my supposed brokers. I made sure that every email was also address to the CYSEC CEO, wether she saw it or not is irrelevant. I also made an official complaint (Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission | COMPLAINT REGARDING CIFS). However, within 4 or 5 days of contacting St George Bank I had the entire original investment including International transaction fees to the tune of $12889.92AUD transferred back to my Visa card.

St George also made a mention that the Optionrally's bank had 40 days to prove the transaction was legitimate as I had been forced to trade without prior compliance so that your put immediately into a bonus position so your lead to believe that you owe Optionrally money. Even though I had made 3 successful trades, two on Apple and one on currency, my account was sitting at $16880US.

As soon as the money was taken back via St George, my account was totally cleared of all other winnings. The strange thing was that I was deposited the initial $250 to open the account from Optionrally itself. I now have fifteen days to respond to St George about my experiences in this company and why I deserve to have my money unconditionally refunded to me.

Lionadas, I'm very happy to see you've almost completed the chargeback process. The bad news is that recovery of any profits is virtually impossible in these circumstances. Then again, it's better to get you initial deposits back than to end up with nothing at all - which seems to be what happens to many OptionRally clients.

Thank you for letting me know about your refund given by St Georges Bank. That is a great result for you. I would be more than happy to just get back my original money. Will try contacting Westpac again and see what I can do. Because Optionrally sent forms which they insisted I sign stating that I had agreed to send the money, this may be sufficient to protect them. It is clear that the money was obtained fraudulently in that they did not give vital information pertaining to its return/withdrawal, so that may work in my favour. I hope so. Will let you know the outcome.

Upon closer reading of your post, I realise I am not at all clear what you are saying particularly in para 2.
I understand that you have received your original money back and are now hoping to also receive your profits. Is that right?
Did St George obtain the money back from your account with Optionrally or did they just refund you?
My account with Optionrally is now 0.6 cents!
Also, did you accept a bonus at the beginning? I did without been given any explanation as to the implications of this for withdrawals.

Hi Woodfire, I could only wish that I may get my profits as well, even though $6660US has been aproved for withdrawal/deposit....I wont see it. It was just strange that they (Optionrally) deposited the original $250US deposit back into my Visa card. St George Bank went straight to Optionrally's merchant bank and just took it back then gave them 40 days to reply. They have since now come back to me and I ve been given 15 days to appeal on my behalf, my I want my monet back. I really hope it works they've taken $6880US which more then covers my $3000US bonus position......

Hi Woodfire, I could only wish that I may get my profits as well, even though $6660US has been aproved for withdrawal/deposit....I wont see it. It was just strange that they (Optionrally) deposited the original $250US deposit back into my Visa card. St George Bank went straight to Optionrally's merchant bank and just took it back then gave them 40 days to reply. They have since now come back to me and I ve been given 15 days to appeal on my behalf, my I want my monet back. I really hope it works they've taken $6880US which more then covers my $3000US bonus position......

Thank you for the additional information. I will phone Westpac tomorow. I would be ever so happy if I can just get my capital back.
Please let me know if you succeed with the profits.

Back