• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss OTSFx.com

General discussions of a financial company
Actually the myfxbook link and the fpa test account look the same to me. Just make sure to press the "balance" chart to see the same graph as fpa's test account.

As for the percentage, that is the "growth gain" rather than the change in balance. What I think happened is the account owner made deposits, thereby increasing the balance. I'm kind of guessing about that though.

So the growth gain and absolute gain are the important values. Technically, the account is up about 19% in the past 5 weeks or so. About 12.5% not counting compound growth (= absolute gain).

One of the cool charts on that site is "risk of ruin." Based on the trading history it makes an estimate of the chance of losses of various sizes! Kind of a good wakeup call that there is almost a one in four chance I could lose 10%. Sounds about right.

i'm thinking of openign an account with otsfx , any advice ? i have $10,000 to invest ?

Wow this thing is really volatile. Since Thursday the account has dropped 14% and is about even since my entry. I'm kinda concerned that the trend will continue and I'll be in the red...

Explain of Current Drawdown

The volatility faced on the account was due to a unbalanced created on portfolio relative to changes on pair correlations. We made all efforts to sustain the recover cycle, but at certain point it was at limit margin we allowed per pair and we decide to cut the losses to sustain the all portfolio itself.This was the most wise decision we can take, because holding positions expecting a reverse of market, sooner or later will have instead of 9% impact on portfolio, can have 90% and that we not allow.

This is the reason why so high DD was noticed on the account. Although all is resolved now, and we made the correct changes to this not happen again, or at least minimized the effect of one single cross over the entire portfolio.

We explained this to our clients last week,because is our aim complete transparency to client/manager relationship.

We believe we have a very good portfolio/system, that can produce average monhtly profit above the 15%, and is our aim to always explain to clients what is happening, changes we have intention to do.

To finish, is good clients give their opinions and comments, they are always welcome and help us to improve even better the systems/portfolio.

Thanks to all.

regards,

OTS Fx Team

i've just left a review of OTSFX , any other otsfx customers willing to post a review about Telmo Pinto

Alpari Statement from OTS Fx

First i´d like to thank the support of our clients and very warm comments.

We have received some questions regarding the statement provided at FPA from ALPARI Account- that was a small account with high risk profile, and was to demonstrate the behavior of the system with different risk profiles - the profit was +60% and DD 35% - so profit and DD are well correlated.

If client wants to use more aggressive risk profile into account this is possible in our Premier Accounts - they are managed individually and we can adapt the client risk profile.

Important is the Risk Profile we use on the ATC PAMM account is low/medium risk - which means DD of 10/15% and monthly average gains of 15/20%

Regards,

OTS Fx

Back