Outlook 2008, The Upcoming US Depression

Now we can make sapphires, Rubies and even Diamonds that even the best gemologists in the world can't tell are man made or natural. I would not want to hold too much gold when it comes out that we have been able to make it but the info was kept from the public and gold is really worth $25./ounce.

Back to school for you my lad.

Sapphire and Rubies are formed from mineral corundum (aluminium oxide), diamond is formed from allotrop of carbon.

Gold is an element and cannot be created. Its a physical impossibility - even for a wizard.

Trillions

My comment is:

Since the US has such a huge deficit both in spending and in imports. It seems that it is the world that is and has benefitted greatly from the US spending. It seems to me that any recession or "depression" would be a worldwide event as a result of cutting off this spending from the US. I agree that there obviously needs to be some changes in the way the US is spending. But it seems our financial questions and issues is a boat that the world is in and not just the US. you can't just allow customers who spend trillions of dollars to stop spending or disappear.

My question is:

Why would they cut off the hand that feeds them?

Spot On!

Rob,

You've hit all the issues square on the head, my friend! I agree with every single point you made. Especially "blue gold" (water, for those not paying attention). No longer is this the realm of "conspiracy theory", it is a sad FACT. The fall of Empires is inevitable, and the fools leading America only stepped on the gas pedal to get everyone there that much faster.

I've been getting laughed at for saying this since, oh, 2004 or so. Part of what's artificially propped up the Dollar/America long past it's due is that so many countries peg their currencies and reserves to the Greenback. Well, Saudi Arabia's pulled out, China and UAE are threatening to. The resulting drop (what's been called "drops" thus far I suspect is only pre-quake tremors) will pretty much scare everyone else still dumb enough to be holding into following suit. OPEC is considering pricing oil in Euros in the future, and -guess what- Iran already is (why else would Bush & co. be rattling their sabres... they're starting to feel it, thier inevitable doom, like rats backed into a corner). Gold priced in Euros? If that happens, I expect the Dollar will break all records previously set by the Peso and the Baht (who knows, maybe even the pre-WWII Mark). You know what they say, "The larger they are..."

zackart made some great points... and, perhaps, they might have made a difference, had people been wise enough to act on them 8-10 years ago. Back in 2003 or 2004, I once heard a radio commentator say that economic conditions, the distance between rich and poor is 4X worse currently in America than it was in pre-revolutionary France. The only reason people didn't feel it was -you said it, my friend- credit. A rug that's about to be pulled quickly out from under everyone's feet. Well, only those dumb enough to be standing upon it. The rest of us, thankfully, trade markets that allow for shorting.

-=Black Knight

Awareness first

GY is an acronym for the GBP/JPY pair. Also referred to as Pound Yen.

Quick comment; America's present foreign policy and domestic economic policy are operated by the same group. The domestic economic policy is quietly structured beneath the larger world involvements. If you could take all the money and resources from the controlling group and spread it out equitably to make the masses temporarily happy, within a few years it will all be back in the hands of the controlling group again and they will be directing again to their drama. That's the way it works on planet Earth. The recorded histories of shifting power of all nations have been available to your eyes and brains for a long time. Get away from the TV and open your awareness and life won't seem so controlled and manipulated and you can also play the game and be part of the controlling group. Make your goal to increase your awareness, rather than to collect digital money (the masses prefer to make money collecting their primary goal and awareness second. Rarely does one accomplish wealth this in that order). The electronic money comes as a by-product of being aware. Then you can exchange it for real metal, soil or various rights to some commodity so you can then smile and taste the food and kiss your loved ones and realize that you can choose to not be affected by the dark matrix and still have wealth. Cheers!

I had a couple of buddies watch this, one got them started and one by one they all watched it til we were all talking about it.
I don't go in for this kind of garbage and refuted it without watching... '
Then I watched it....... I sit in scared silence now......
If nothing else you will get an education.................

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1656880303867390173

I sat and watched this entire video and the image of lemmings jumping off a cliff came to my mind. Although I live in Canada and am Canadian, the impact of an impending economic meltdown for our southern neighbours will impact the US's largest trading partner for sure. I for one will take steps to preserve my investments and to diversify accordingly. May Canada always reamain a sovereign nation in every aspect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Garuda what I saw and read 25 years ago

Hello Fellow Traders;

Rob I agree with what your saying, there was a book 25 years ago that was called EN-route to Global Occupation in that book was pictures of the alignment of the fall of everything I even saw pictures of the US currency as it appears now even pictures and drawings of the Euro as it is today, there was even drawings and pictures of the dollar when it had the strip in it, the book also explained how the mineral rights of S.America were going to be owned by England...Etc. Etc. The book was given to me by a friend who was a radical Christian, he also gave me another book call OBE 2000 a program designed to be used in the educational system to make our youth basicaly stupid but excellent on giving the correct political answer to everything The OBE stands for Objective Based Education. The Jist of both books was for the first for a few to gain all the wealth and power one of the first things to happen was the stock market which if we remember did already happen, next was the fact that there would be a false sense of security created by political leaders as it's ok spend, buy and invest which it appears you have already pointed out the next thing to go is the real estate which is already happening, one piece of advice this man did give was to but all the Gold, Silver, Diamonds any precious stones or metals because this will be your only way to pay or maneuver around this bull****, meaning when the currency is no good (Dollar) until it is switched to the new unit of money you must live. The end result of the second book was that our youth would be made into a nation of slaves that could only give the correct political answer when asked. As you stated and others when you try to talk to people about this they say ok but they are not hearing you, or they don't give a damn as long as they can spend spend spend and live their lifestyle who gives a ****, everyone assumes they will be dead, another **** attitude what about the future of this planet and the human beings on it. It appears that you could look at our society as the anti-civilization that will eventually blow itself up along with the planet so guess what nobody wins. Again you are right the Politicians are totally dishonest and do nothing but give bloated egotistical bull**** out which means nothing. Overall I think the 4X Bastards group is one of the most intelligent groups that has the ability to see whats in front of them if you need help let me know. Also if anyone can locate those book mentioned I would suggest you read them, the author expressed the thought he wouldn't be around long as a matter of fact, because he was privy into some master planning inside the various government ops . There are some things that can be done like I said if I can help let me know.

Regards,

Garuda

Thanks TR8R!

Thanks for posting that amazing video TR8R! I hope everyone takes the time to watch it, and passes it on. We have until May 2008 - the clock is ticking. I vote we rename ourselves the Freedom & Peace Army... if they take our freedom, what's the use of forex, or any market?

-=Black Knight

Not quite true

Back to school for you my lad.

Sapphire and Rubies are formed from mineral corundum (aluminium oxide), diamond is formed from allotrop of carbon.

Gold is an element and cannot be created. Its a physical impossibility - even for a wizard.

Impossible for a wizard. Not impossible for a physicist with a particle accelerator and an unlimited budget. Unfortunately (or fortunately - depends on your views on the value of gold), this requires not only incredibly complex and expensive equipment, but also vast amounts of energy. Even with huge technological leaps, the power requirements alone would cost many orders of magnitude more than what the gold would be worth. There might also be a few quality control issues with the accidental creation of unstable isotopes of gold during the manufacturing process.

I seem to recall a journal article from the 1980's detailing the first successful manufacture of a few atoms of gold. I wish I could remember what they said it would cost to make a whole ounce.

Thanks for posting that amazing video TR8R! I hope everyone takes the time to watch it, and passes it on. We have until May 2008 - the clock is ticking. I vote we rename ourselves the Freedom & Peace Army... if they take our freedom, what's the use of forex, or any market?

-=Black Knight
Apologies for going off Forex here but a comment on that film is warranted, it was rather frightening but confirms what we have been feeling.

Fortunately I live in the UK, (where it is no longer safe to walk in the streets and you can be detained under the terrorism act for calling out at a political meeting for a recently increased term of 50 days without charges), (we don't need rendition,) however we are having the European constitution forced upon us without a vote, (although we were promised a referendum) we are also having ID cards forced upon us. It was plain that those involved in the film thought that RFID chips could not be forged, we know that the new UK ID cards can be forged just as the new US passports with bio information can be bought now in the UK. The film reminded me of two specific things: Firstly the Illuminatus trilogy and secondly the Builderberger group. The most worrying thing was the lack of intervention and publicising of the situations by the media.

However here we are knowing that it's all fixed, but we just need to know which way it's going and more importantly, when.

I strongly agree with Rob Grespi about the water situation China has very few years left if they continue using and polluting it at the current rate. Australia already has a shortage. The equatorial desert areas expand each year and major water distribution projects need to be built in many countries. However with short term governments in what used to be western democratic countries, these long term infrastructures are always left until crisis point. (Like the power stations in the UK now unable to cope if we have a cold winter since many were closed down to save cost, and being 10-15 years behind in the Nuclear build program) We are also likely to run out of food since there will not be sufficient areas growing it that have enough water and have not been turned over to biofuel crops so basically, we're all gonna die.

This added today 17Nov from Bill Bonner in the Daily Reckoning eletter part only shown:

Bill Bonner in London:

Inflation is not supposed to be a problem. If it is not under house arrest it is at least wearing an ankle bracelet. But there is growing evidence that it is on the loose.

As to why it is supposed to be under control, the usual explanation is that the entry of Asia into the world economy has reduced labour costs. Since labour is such a big part of both manufactured goods and services, it is reasonable to think that lower wages will lead to lower prices.

As to why inflation may now be at large, we offer the following: the Asians have to eat too.

Wages in mainland China are said to be going up at nearly 20% per year. In other words, the cheap labour is not as cheap as it once was…and getting more expensive each year. And now that these wage-earners are coming up in the world, they want a little more meat in their soup.

Money, as we all knows, practically grows on trees. But food does not. (Readers can try to fix that metaphor on their own time.) And putting more Asians to work does not automatically increase the supply of farmland…or what grows on top of it…or what lies underneath of it. So, what we’ve been seeing is just what you’d expect. While increased industrial output has managed to hold prices down for manufactured goods, the rising supply of money has forced up prices for things that don’t come out of factories. Gold, contemporary art, land, and cooking oil come to mind.

Cooking oil comes to mind because it was in the news this week:

“…this past Saturday in Chongqing,” reports the New York Times, “people began lining up before dawn when a Carrefour store offered a discount on large jugs of cooking oil, an essential for a lot of Chinese cooking. When the doors opened, a stampede ensued, killing 3 people and injuring 31. China’s commerce ministry responded on Monday by ordering a ban on limited-time sales promotions.”

Officially, prices are rising at a 6.5% annual rate in China. Even at the official rate, the Chinese have not seen so much inflation in nearly 11 years. But food is rising faster…at a 17.6% rate. This is a big problem in China. Because people don’t earn much money; they have to spend a lot of it on food. That’s why people got killed trying to get a good deal on cooking oil.

We recall that Jacques Diouf, director general of the UN’s Food and Agriculture Organisation had predicted only weeks ago: “If prices continue to rise, I would not be surprised if we began to see food riots.”

Well, there you are, Mr. Diouf. You were right.

But in the meantime, does any body know which LSE listed companies make large water pipes and pumps?

Last edited:
Back