• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem Partially Resolved - Cititrader.com withdrawal issue

I am having an issue with a company
The very threat to expose personal details is enough for me to consider Jeff Adams of CitiTrader to be unethical. I believe the threat is also probably illegal. If you were under 18 when you opened the account (we've already PROVEN that CitiTrader altered their terms defining a minor from 18 to 21), then exposing your details would also be revealing personal info of a minor and would probably result in even more charges.

Tell CitiTrader that if a client had a dispute with a bank over a withdrawal, threatening to withhold CLIENT money on a "take it or leave it" basis would likely result in one or more employees facing charges.

How old were you on the day you opened the account?

What was your total trading volume?

Notice that Jeff's address is at cititrader.us. That implies that the company has a presence in the USA. The domain originally was registered from an address in Tel Aviv, Israel, but now is registered to a Jason Scharf in California. Since this confirms a US presence, you may want to inquire with the CFTC, SEC, and NFA to see if they have any licenses and registrations for CitiTrader. If the issue can't be resolved, this would also probably make it eligible for an IC3.gov complaint.

Jason Scharf is a very cunning marketer (I was in touch with him 2/3 years ago). He's based in Israel. Your best option would be to get hold of a lawyer (I remember there is one here on FPA who is based in Israel) and bring this to his attention and see how it goes. At the very least this lawyer can speak to Jason Scharf and if need be proceed with some legal charges against him.

THIS IS BUCKETSHOP 100 percent.... you can withdraw any amount it does not have to be 50000 it can be simply 5 dollars. i dont think you will get your money but give me few days what i can do to help, i will investigate this company my self.

we are here to support you buddy please next time you need to take precautionary measurements.. don't just deposit blindly, the fpa has reviews who is a legit broker and who is not. however binary option is a scam its a zero sum game, others words its just gambling

This is so wrong! I made this money fair and square.

how can I get hold of that Israel lawyer,

My new zealand lawyer does not like the sound of Jason at all.

(for all those who may be reffering to me as a male, remember I am actually a female, just future heads up)

Hey CitiTrader!!!! It looks to me like Weiniwinslow met your withdrawal requirements and was of legal age under your terms when she signed up for the account.

Unless you can prove that there's a legitimate reason, any further delays in payment just add evidence that CitiTrader is a scam broker.

CEO from Cititrader told my lawyer Bruce:

""""""Bruce,

It seems in my opinion that your client is hasty and rash once more and are 100% correct.

Weini has posted false information according to FPA seemingly directly following our conversation yesterday.

Whatever offer I made is now withdrawn.

Unless you want papers filed Monday morning against you and her both I suggest you give me an explanation.

I spoke to you on good faith, and I understand your client may have emotional problems which are her problems.

I was not obliged to even offer to speak with you and you know that.

Are you trying to play me Bruce?

I hope she is prepared to go to court.

We're bringing this to you guys.

You're either :

A. Completely unable to control your client OR

B. have no idea what you are doing or who you are up against.

I really hope for the sake of your client this is another misunderstanding.
""""

CEO from Cititrader told my lawyer Bruce:

Weini has posted false information according to FPA seemingly directly following our conversation yesterday.

Whatever offer I made is now withdrawn.

Sounds like "Weini was mean to me, so I won't play with her anymore!"

This strikes me as incredibly childish for someone who's supposed to be in charge of a financial company.

Money is legitimately owed to a trader. Even if Weini did terrible things (I doubt she did anything much more than say "Stop changing your terms of service and give me my money or I'll let the world know"), the money is still owed.

If Weini drives by your house and pelts it with eggs, you can call the police and file vandalism charges, but you still are legally obligated to let clients (including Weini) withdraw their money.

Unless you want papers filed Monday morning against you and her both I suggest you give me an explanation.

Wow. Does this mean that Weini was SOOOO mean to the CEO of CitiTrader that he's not just going to sue her, but plans to sue her lawyer too?

Hey CitiTrader CEO! Pay your client what's owed her. Quite acting like a kindergartner with hurt feelings. Your company has already been caught trying to not pay her by changing your terms of service. If she got angry about that and hurt your feelings, try to imagine how she felt when your company pulled that stunt.

I'm getting sick of brokers that think they provoke a client and then use "the client said something harsh, so we don't need to pay". I remember another broker that did this. It was called ForexGen. Practices like this eventually caused it to go out of business.

Back