1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pending order

Discussion in 'Beginners Bootcamp' started by Usaba70, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Usaba70

Usaba70 Recruit

I am new to forex trading and I have being trying to use Pending order, but my platform always return 'Invalid s/l or t/p, Let someone explain what I can do.

#1 Usaba70, Dec 2, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2009
  2. Ricex

Ricex Sergeant

First thing to check is how far away in pips are you trying to put the 'pending order' from the actual price.

You may find that you have a minimum number of pips before it will be excepted, 20pips for example.

3. Pharaoh

Pharaoh Colonel

This is definitely something to check out when you are selecting a broker. Most have some sort of limit about how close you can set SL or TP. Some have limits on how close you can set a pending order to current price. The limits can range from a few pips up to completely crazy amounts.

4. oshaban

oshaban Recruit

An other reason,
    You may be mix between limit and stop orders !

5. cowmadagan

cowmadagan Sergeant

oshaban is right.
    A buy order can be a stop or a limit, and a sell order can be a stop or a limit, and if you're looking for an entry order you have to think of the 'traditional' ideas.
    You want to buy low, so it won't let you order a 'limit' buy at a price higher than the current price, you can only get a stop buy. - Why would you want to buy at a higher price if you could make more profit from buying now?
    You want to sell high, so it won't let you order a 'limit' sell at a price lower than the current price. - Why would you sell at a lower price if you could make more profit from selling now?
    That's how the computer systems do it, even though it's reporting stop loss and take profit levels.