• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss Pepperstone.com

General discussions of a financial company
I have two live accounts with Pepperstone - Standard and Razor - on which I run the same EA from the same VPS. Sometimes my Razor account (with the lower spreads) would miss a trade taken on my Standard account, with no error messages in the MT4 journal.

Pepperstone explains this is due to the spread differences between the accounts and the different price feed, with the high/low of candles allegedly being different.

Yet in my experience with other brokers, the tighter the spreads the more (not fewer) trades I would get with my EA. I have also compared the high/low of canldes on my two accounts and found them completely identical (kindly refer to the attached screenshot below).

Do you know if Pepperstone is using the Virtual Dealer Plugin? What are the other possible causes of this issue?

Attachments

• PriceFeedComparison.jpg
    PriceFeedComparison.jpg
    447.1 KB · Views: 107
Attached is also a screenshot visualizing the particular trade I am referring to (my Standard account's chart is on the left and my Razor account's chart is on the right). As you can see, the high/low of canldes are completely identical on both accounts.

Attachments

• PriceFeedComparisonTradeVisualized.jpg
    PriceFeedComparisonTradeVisualized.jpg
    615.5 KB · Views: 103
I have a razor account. Spreads as good as it gets. EURUSD 0.1 - 0.5 most of the time. USDJPY just as good. But, it's all good and well to have such spreads, but as I've stated in another post, I would say that 80% of my trades have some form slippage. Either on the way in or the way out or both. Anywhere from 0.3 to 3 pips. Ok, agree, small amounts of slippage but I pay $7 commission for such wonderful ECN style spreads, so I expect to the get the spread most of the time. Easy to offer wonderful spreads to entice clients, because they know they don't have to deliver those spreads most of the time.

I understand the cost of trading and slippage is part of the game, but 2 out of 3 trades? C'mon, whether it's news or quiet or just stable market conditions, the slippage is constant. If I'm charged for the luxury of such spreads then I expect my trades to reflect the spreads.

The average trade for the EURUSD with the slippage is more like having a spread of 1.5 to 2 pips which you get in a standard account. Fair enough, you don't pay commission in a standard account, but paying that spread and commission in an ECN account, well I don't know, something doesn't seem right.

Do others at Pepperstone get the same slippage?

Since this is a commercial zone under Brokerage I hope I dont offend anyone reading the post and have posted in the right section

I just joined Pepperstone as IB as I have some China clients living in Singapore that wants to open an account. I like that they enabled traders to deposit via PayPal. I have to correct some of the discussion here and announce that Pepperstone account now has 500 leverage as opposed to 400 in the past

They have made deposit via Paypal free of charges. As IB I am able to give rebates (which are calculated and credited into your mt4 by Pepperstone) better than CBF (Cash Back Forex). I hope to have all your support. You are able to enjoy:

1) $0.80 per lot for EDGE Razor

2) $3.20 per lot for EDGE standard

pepperstone.com/?a_aid=ymleong

Has anyone else been using Pepperstone? i have been getting some pretty good results and was looking for some advice.
I have been trading with them for 3 years, and I am happy with them. What I like especially is that when I hedge, the available margin increases - ie. say if you open equal long and short position on the same pair, then you are back to full margin available - that is you have not used any margin. This allows me to wait for those positions to close, and still trade on top of them.

Since this is a commercial zone under Brokerage I hope I dont offend anyone reading the post and have posted in the right section

I just joined Pepperstone as IB as I have some China clients living in Singapore that wants to open an account. I like that they enabled traders to deposit via PayPal. I have to correct some of the discussion here and announce that Pepperstone account now has 500 leverage as opposed to 400 in the past

They have made deposit via Paypal free of charges. As IB I am able to give rebates (which are calculated and credited into your mt4 by Pepperstone) better than CBF (Cash Back Forex). I hope to have all your support. You are able to enjoy:

1) $0.80 per lot for EDGE Razor

2) $3.20 per lot for EDGE standard

pepperstone.com/?a_aid=ymleong
How do I sign up under you as IB?

Can Anyone explain me what is difference between- SWAP and ADMIN CHARGE. Pepperstone has admin charge. I stop swap but they had daily admin charge which is more than SWAP. I used others broker they dont have any hidden charge like pepperstone. Please advice

I joined Pepperstone a few weeks ago, and since then I have experienced several outages.
The last outage being last night around 1.00am Eastern Australia time. (14/08/17)
Pepperstone have admitted the outage only when I confronted them, I am in the process of trying to retrieve loss funds incurred due to the outage.
I don't know where I stand or if I can get any refunds, but if I was you I would tread very carefully with this company.
The outages seem to always occur during volatile times so who knows if these "Outages" are intentional or not.
Also, who knows how many other outages have occurred during our "sleep" hours, not many people are monitoring their platforms at 1-2am in the mornings.
The last outage before this one was around the same time a week earlier, both times I had active trades and both times caused loss of money.
I can send emails from Pepperstone as proof of the outages.
Be wary people, All is not as it seems.

Hello,

Just wanted to ask if someone can't withdraw money they have earned, I don't mean money they deposited.
To clarify: If I deposit 50 euro's I don't have a problem to withdraw it, but now my withdraw is exeding the deposit's I made and can't
withdraw it to my bank account. It doesn't work with Skrill, Bank-wire and Credit-card.

Pepperstone is looking into it, but I'm just curious you guys have heard or having this problem.

btw. English isn't my native language.

Best Regards,
Peter van den Brink
Netherlands.

Back