• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem Pepperstone holding all my funds and restricting account with open trades and saying to repay overpaid rebates worth around 70,000 USD

I am having an issue with a company

yassershivani

Recruit
Dear All
I am writing to you to address an URGENT issue. I thought I should bring to your attention for Pepperstone to look into before the case is taken to the regulators by my lawyers.
I had been doing business with Pepperstone since 2016 and an activated partner since 2017. Generally my accounts are on a 3 pip markup and I have a default markup arrangement of 0.3 pips on Islamic accounts. So the contract is to get a 3.3 pips rebate.
On 6th May, 2021, I saw that there happens to be something wrong in the spreads where I could not see the markup added. I thought it to be my ethical responsibility and the very next minute I informed the team via live chat and emails to support, ib and my account manager. I also told them this is something urgent in nature and that they check for my markups as I do not see it in the spread. I was being well confirmed that there is no error and that the spreads are fine and that the markup will be received as normal and successfully. Upon confirmation, I still insisted that I still think it is an error and that they should check it. I also made it a point that it will not be my headache later on as I have well informed and I will also not be willing to forego any of my rebate. I was confirmed that everything is normal and there is no error.
I continued the business and as a matter I also funded more via my card on the 10th May. I also deposited almost all my rebates, my income receipts, to my trading accounts. On 19th May, my rebate entry went missing for the trades of 18th May followed by another day of missed rebate entry on 20th. I had filed a case for missed rebate and asked the team to kindly credit my rebates totalling approximately 17500 USD. I continuously contacted but there happened to be no concrete reply neither to my email nor on the live chat. I insisted I require funds for trading purposes so be quick in giving the status.
On 20th May, my account manager told me that Pepperstone had wrongly placed markup of 1 pip whereas paid 3 pip so they are in a process to recalculate all the rebates and that an investigation is on the way. I at once send them the screenshot of a random date of 4th May 2021 to tell them their claim is in any case wrong as the screenshot showed the correct pricing including the 3 pip markup. I have many other screenshots, maybe hundreds or thousands of them. I told them it was on the 6th May that this change occurred and I informed them the same and got confirmation that there is no error and everything is normal. I also informed them that upon repeated confirmation, I thought to myself that Pepperstone had done some price adjustment from ECN so I carried on business as normal and also funded my accounts further instead of withdrawing. I also tried calling Pepperstone to discuss if they need to understand anything from me or if they want my help as a team member.
While I was waiting for 17500 USD APPROX, I saw that on the morning of 28th May,2021 my account got restricted with open positions and soon after I received a letter enclosed. I denied the validity of the letter which claimed that material error was being identified on the 17th May and that I will need to pay back around 65000 USD to 70,000 USD to Pepperstone as the company has overpaid the rebates to me. Wow, that gave me shock and health problems until my lawyers told me the reality of how easy this case is. I replied that material error was identified and insisted upon by myself on the 6th May and I also stated that it will not be my headache.
My account is restricted still to date where my positions closed out on margin calls as I was unable to hedge or trade further, also Ppepperstone is losing sufficient daily business whereby my average daily volume is from 200 to 400 lots a day. I see pathetic team members of the company who are ignorant to clients' queries later to find them problems. Also, they already have earned sufficient business since 2017 and also must have earned well in the days that they have restricted the account. I also gave them a proposal to put withdrawal restriction till the case is resolved but no use of trade restriction which will be a lose-lose situation at both ends.
Enclosed are few evidences and communications and I have more of them as well. Before I go to your industry ombudsmen and regulator, I had in mind that maybe it can be resolved mutually by the CEO knowing the matter as I am confident the CEO always has a better vision of business and will never want to lose a valuable client. I still trust Pepperstone as a company and am still willing to move forward with my business. I cannot be the one to loose all the amounts within a minute whereby the employees have committed an error. Despite my clear communication, your team members still say that I am liable to pay back the over payment. How childish of the company to pay 65 to 70 grands of overpayment. Clearly these are not overpayments and these payments are in accordance with my written agreement of 3.3 pips. If you quoted a wrong price, which I also identified already the very next minute, it is your error and your loss. I had already done my part where I was confirmed that there was no error.
Kindly look into this at URGENT basis and I am available for every communication. I am confident you will retain your valuable client and we will not need to enter into any chaotic situation through legal means. The first thing with clear communication is the attached chat transcript with the file name
identification of error on live chat.txt
for your ease.

Sorry for the long email. Your time is appreciated and shall be thankful for your kind response. All attachments are sent in the email to pepperstone and I can reproduce here as well. The attachments are also sent to Pepperstone CEO. They say they will make my account balances to zero and also claim more payments.

Attachments

• identification of error on live chat.txt
    4.7 KB · Views: 42
  • Gmail - Anna confirmation of acknowledgement and asking to address live chat.pdf
    116.4 KB · Views: 32
  • Gmail - Confirmation that team will respond in 1 to 2 business days in case of error.pdf
    126.3 KB · Views: 24
  • Gmail - email confirmation to live chat and I insisting to rectify error if any.pdf
    86.8 KB · Views: 26
  • Anna reconfirmation after my insistence.pdf
    136.1 KB · Views: 33
  • Gmail - RE_ Spread changes [ ref__00D28KSeO._5002rB3M1n_ref ] 2.pdf
    126.1 KB · Views: 27
  • Gmail - Re_ spreads error.pdf
    116.3 KB · Views: 23
  • ACFrOgCEnbb0zqxF8oq5Hnlf21Za1SX-6mWKNZY3yWOmFTYUUBpk8h2g40eNdZfSH93BMOnn9FlMT4s8isko6AcTQkNsMu...pdf
    155 KB · Views: 26
  • My Addition to the Response.pdf
    104.5 KB · Views: 24
  • My Response to the Letter.pdf
    214.5 KB · Views: 28
Dear All
I am writing to you to address an URGENT issue. I thought I should bring to your attention for Pepperstone to look into before the case is taken to the regulators by my lawyers.
I had been doing business with Pepperstone since 2016 and an activated partner since 2017. Generally my accounts are on a 3 pip markup and I have a default markup arrangement of 0.3 pips on Islamic accounts. So the contract is to get a 3.3 pips rebate.
On 6th May, 2021, I saw that there happens to be something wrong in the spreads where I could not see the markup added. I thought it to be my ethical responsibility and the very next minute I informed the team via live chat and emails to support, ib and my account manager. I also told them this is something urgent in nature and that they check for my markups as I do not see it in the spread. I was being well confirmed that there is no error and that the spreads are fine and that the markup will be received as normal and successfully. Upon confirmation, I still insisted that I still think it is an error and that they should check it. I also made it a point that it will not be my headache later on as I have well informed and I will also not be willing to forego any of my rebate. I was confirmed that everything is normal and there is no error.
I continued the business and as a matter I also funded more via my card on the 10th May. I also deposited almost all my rebates, my income receipts, to my trading accounts. On 19th May, my rebate entry went missing for the trades of 18th May followed by another day of missed rebate entry on 20th. I had filed a case for missed rebate and asked the team to kindly credit my rebates totalling approximately 17500 USD. I continuously contacted but there happened to be no concrete reply neither to my email nor on the live chat. I insisted I require funds for trading purposes so be quick in giving the status.
On 20th May, my account manager told me that Pepperstone had wrongly placed markup of 1 pip whereas paid 3 pip so they are in a process to recalculate all the rebates and that an investigation is on the way. I at once send them the screenshot of a random date of 4th May 2021 to tell them their claim is in any case wrong as the screenshot showed the correct pricing including the 3 pip markup. I have many other screenshots, maybe hundreds or thousands of them. I told them it was on the 6th May that this change occurred and I informed them the same and got confirmation that there is no error and everything is normal. I also informed them that upon repeated confirmation, I thought to myself that Pepperstone had done some price adjustment from ECN so I carried on business as normal and also funded my accounts further instead of withdrawing. I also tried calling Pepperstone to discuss if they need to understand anything from me or if they want my help as a team member.
While I was waiting for 17500 USD APPROX, I saw that on the morning of 28th May,2021 my account got restricted with open positions and soon after I received a letter enclosed. I denied the validity of the letter which claimed that material error was being identified on the 17th May and that I will need to pay back around 65000 USD to 70,000 USD to Pepperstone as the company has overpaid the rebates to me. Wow, that gave me shock and health problems until my lawyers told me the reality of how easy this case is. I replied that material error was identified and insisted upon by myself on the 6th May and I also stated that it will not be my headache.
My account is restricted still to date where my positions closed out on margin calls as I was unable to hedge or trade further, also Ppepperstone is losing sufficient daily business whereby my average daily volume is from 200 to 400 lots a day. I see pathetic team members of the company who are ignorant to clients' queries later to find them problems. Also, they already have earned sufficient business since 2017 and also must have earned well in the days that they have restricted the account. I also gave them a proposal to put withdrawal restriction till the case is resolved but no use of trade restriction which will be a lose-lose situation at both ends.
Enclosed are few evidences and communications and I have more of them as well. Before I go to your industry ombudsmen and regulator, I had in mind that maybe it can be resolved mutually by the CEO knowing the matter as I am confident the CEO always has a better vision of business and will never want to lose a valuable client. I still trust Pepperstone as a company and am still willing to move forward with my business. I cannot be the one to loose all the amounts within a minute whereby the employees have committed an error. Despite my clear communication, your team members still say that I am liable to pay back the over payment. How childish of the company to pay 65 to 70 grands of overpayment. Clearly these are not overpayments and these payments are in accordance with my written agreement of 3.3 pips. If you quoted a wrong price, which I also identified already the very next minute, it is your error and your loss. I had already done my part where I was confirmed that there was no error.
Kindly look into this at URGENT basis and I am available for every communication. I am confident you will retain your valuable client and we will not need to enter into any chaotic situation through legal means. The first thing with clear communication is the attached chat transcript with the file name
identification of error on live chat.txt
for your ease.

Sorry for the long email. Your time is appreciated and shall be thankful for your kind response. All attachments are sent in the email to pepperstone and I can reproduce here as well. The attachments are also sent to Pepperstone CEO. They say they will make my account balances to zero and also claim more payments.
First of all, invite the company by using the invite company option to your thread. And if you are unable to locate the option then this thread "Tutorial: How to Invite a company to your thread." will help you to find out.

Note: The invitation button will be enabled when your thread passes 96 hours.
Note 2: Make sure to follow the suggestions correctly, when you do it correctly you will get the below message in your thread automatically.
Note 3: Make sure to share your account number (Only account number). Many time this help companies to find out you are genuine or not.

OP Screen shot.jpg

Wow, what a mess.
Be very curious to hear how this pans out.

If you don't mind me asking, what are you doing with Pepperstone to garner these rebates?
Forgive me, I'm still quite new to Forex.

Wow, what a mess.
Be very curious to hear how this pans out.

If you don't mind me asking, what are you doing with Pepperstone to garner these rebates?
Forgive me, I'm still quite new to Forex.
I have a Referring broker business. I am a consultant where I provide consultancy and value added services to clients. By profession I am a Forex analyst.

@yassershivani Based on all information looks like you are a big partner and ending up cooperation with you is not the best solution for Pepperstone.
I wonder if they take any measures to resolve this situation and come to a mutual agreement.
Please keep us updated.

As of now they have yet not changed their state of mind. I wonder how do they claim funds from me. And I wonder how come a company pays over 70,000 USD in error over a period of time. I explained them it is broker's responsibility to offer prices not the clients or mine. I am being paid as per the contract we have in place. Currently I am facing huge losses due to margin calls as accounts are restricted and cannot manage positions. I explained them if I am left with ZERO funds, it will become a lose lose situation but they fail to understand and argue that I shall pay them entire balances and also send funds for rest of the payments if any. It is a weird situation and I have come to the point that whenever you enter into excessive volumes, almost every broker will throw you out sooner or later and you will loose money. It is important i guess to catch them via regulators. Make a habit of keep withdrawing on a regular basis.

Anyways, since they have interrupted my entire business and now claiming additional funds that I shall pay, it is a collapse situation. If anyone has advices, do give them. Rest I will be fighting for it first in good environment whereby making them understand, which I have been trying till now, otherwise legally and via regulators. They are simply trying to put negligence of their employees on me and using a mere blackmailing technique like as if they are bandits telling me that all you have is ours now. I have also kept funding during this time period in which they say they made an error. That money also they say is the payment to them that I need to make more too.

... Anyways, since they have interrupted my entire business and now claiming additional funds that I shall pay, it is a collapse situation. If anyone has advices, do give them. Rest I will be fighting for it first in good environment whereby making them understand, which I have been trying till now, otherwise legally and via regulators.....

The old saying "you lay down with dogs and you will catch fleas." is appropriate here. I'm not excusing misbehavior from the broker (especially Pepperstone). But did you study the underlying business model of the brokerage before you signed up with them??

Who the hell would trade major fx pairs or major crosses with 3 pip spread on top of the "raw" spread? I find it hard to believe the profitable traders would flock to your IB with such a markup. You seemed to not have a problem with the "contract terms" when you were making money (with the 3 pip spread markup). I think if you really cared about your clients, you would have studied the contract very carefully before feeding your clients to Pepper. You would have also checked for different offers from competing brokers. I suspect you simply went with the brokerage that offered the highest markup and had some "regulation".

Speaking of which [since you are so concerned about your clients] are your clients able to withdraw ok? Are they still trading with Pepperstone? If so, WHY????

And finally has anyone (you/your client group) made any deposits with Pepperstone since the account freezing began? I strongly recommend all your clients refrain from making any more deposits. And they should wind down their positions/close them. Do not open new positions. Wait for the full matter to be resolved.

There is "no honor among theives" is another good quote. I predict Peppers*** will just hijack your clients and toss you to the side, if they have not already done so.

@yassershivani Based on all information looks like you are a big partner and ending up cooperation with you is not the best solution for Pepperstone.
I wonder if they take any measures to resolve this situation and come to a mutual agreement.
Please keep us updated.
No positive response so far and it seems the case will need to be registered with regulators. Please be very careful in working big with them. The ownership of your funds with them is very questionable.

Back