Resolved - Pepperstone outage issue

waynet

Recruit
In the past two weeks I have experienced complete outages from Pepperstone.
The first time this happened I couldn't even contact them on their secure web site. (I have copy of pings to prove) I was getting quite distressed as I had live trades open and no idea what was happening.
Then again last night I was locked out of my platform again. I also use the Metatrader app on my phone and could not access with that as well. I was completely locked out of accessing my account including my VPS.
Now I don't know if this is intentional or not but it seems very suspicious that the outages occur in the small hours of the mornings when most people are a sleep.
In fact, if I was not monitoring my PC I would never have known the outages occurred. Pepperstone have never voluntarily admitted the outages, but have admitted the outages once I confronted them.
How many other times has this occurred, I don't know, but on the two occasions I was monitoring my PC during these early mornings both times there was an outage, lasting from a few hours to an hour or so.
I am in the throws to try and retrieve some losses caused by the outage last night.
I will post the outcome here.

In the past two weeks I have experienced complete outages from Pepperstone.
The first time this happened I couldn't even contact them on their secure web site. (I have copy of pings to prove) I was getting quite distressed as I had live trades open and no idea what was happening.
Then again last night I was locked out of my platform again. I also use the Metatrader app on my phone and could not access with that as well. I was completely locked out of accessing my account including my VPS.
Now I don't know if this is intentional or not but it seems very suspicious that the outages occur in the small hours of the mornings when most people are a sleep.
In fact, if I was not monitoring my PC I would never have known the outages occurred. Pepperstone have never voluntarily admitted the outages, but have admitted the outages once I confronted them.
How many other times has this occurred, I don't know, but on the two occasions I was monitoring my PC during these early mornings both times there was an outage, lasting from a few hours to an hour or so.
I am in the throws to try and retrieve some losses caused by the outage last night.
I will post the outcome here.
Are you able to access live chat on their website?

Are you able to access live chat on their website?
Well I am pretty stoked to inform that Pepperstone refunded the losing trades caused by the outage.
The only part that I am still a bit worried about is the fact that "Pepperstone" have never contacted me to let me know there was an outage.
If I was still asleep at the time of the outage I would never have known and would have just accepted the losses, which also concerns me that how often does this happen.
Anyway, the outcome this time worked out and I was refunded.

Back