• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss Pepperstone.com

General discussions of a financial company
Which news event was it? Big events with big surprise numbers can lead to big slippage.

Pharaoh,
This event was the news release of the Canandian NFP and Unemployment rate at 8:30am EST 12/7/2012, the biggest report of the month.
The results were dramatically more positive for the CAD than expected, resulting in a big gap in CADJPY of ~ 70 pips in less than 1 minute on all brokers.
Here is my best Hebrew Translation Rework of the original post.
{I was} scammed on Friday by Financial Pepperstone.
www.pepperstone.com [/ url] I was...a, CTA התקן תוך רחמי NFA #: 0278164 .[/COLOR]

Last edited:
Terrible slippage. Been in this business for 16 years (new to FPA as per this case), never happened to me to witness a 54 pips slippage. Thay refuse to refund and they even charge their usual commission. Sick..Very bad customer valuation.
Executions are sometimes slow (up to 5 seconds - price could be better or worse - no scam). Spreads are usually tight. Funding NP. Live chat great. Email response - up to 3 days.

how it's going ?

Hi Pipstar,
Thank you for your feedback.

I will post back here after a month or so of trading with them.

All the best!

Dear RahmanSL how is it going with you for this broker Pepperstone now

could you give us you feedback after these months, Thanks.

Dear RahmanSL how is it going with you for this broker Pepperstone now

could you give us you feedback after these months, Thanks.

I just received my monthly trading account statement from Pepperstone and there is a negative -USD20.77
In a prior e-mail, Pepperstone representative informed that since they are "true ECN", a negative account balance is possible and that amount will be deducted from my next deposit into that trading account.
So, you can indeed loss more than you invest and so much for the concept of "cannot loss more than your deposit".

Besides the above, I have a couple more minor issues and thus, for now, I will not be using Pepeprstone as one of my "preferred" broker.

talk & explain more please, We want to know

I just received my monthly trading account statement from Pepperstone and there is a negative -USD20.77
In a prior e-mail, Pepperstone representative informed that since they are "true ECN", a negative account balance is possible and that amount will be deducted from my next deposit into that trading account.
So, you can indeed loss more than you invest and so much for the concept of "cannot loss more than your deposit".

Besides the above, I have a couple more minor issues and thus, for now, I will not be using Pepeprstone as one of my "preferred" broker.

Dear Rahman thanks for your replaying, yes the negative balance ca be occurred
and i experienced it with a stranded broker but with about -0.56$ and this can be happened when the margin call system is to call at Zero equity ; the broker try to close your orders in market and the market move in rally that can be settled with Slippage in Pip, can reflect a significant amount due to the opened lot size.

but if you give us here the couple more minor issues that you experienced, we will value this ?

and thes, what's your preferred broker now, especially if we take about scalping style ?

thanks a lot ..

As I mentioned, I have some "minor issues" with Pepperstone but which I shall maintain as between them and myself.
Overall, I think Pepperstone is an honest and reliable broker, but I shall not be trading with them for now. But you can go ahead and try them out...at least on a Demo account....and check out their scalping speed.

Regarding my "preferred brokers", I really don't have any at the moment but is considering another one or two ASIC regulated broker(s).
I am pretty tied up with a major project works for the past six months and so couldn't trade much, but I should have free time after March 2013 when the project is expected to be completed.

As I mentioned, I have some "minor issues" with Pepperstone but which I shall maintain as between them and myself.
Overall, I think Pepperstone is an honest and reliable broker, but I shall not be trading with them for now. But you can go ahead and try them out...at least on a Demo account....and check out their scalping speed.

Regarding my "preferred brokers", I really don't have any at the moment but is considering another one or two ASIC regulated broker(s).
I am pretty tied up with a major project works for the past six months and so couldn't trade much, but I should have free time after March 2013 when the project is expected to be completed.

thanks for your feedback, i also found that they didn't support any language except English and will tired you a lot to applying your document (if they applied it) to approve you as client and give you your MT4 account number

To know more about the reviews i went to their live chat and here is what they said:
Live Support has joined the chat.
Pepperstone Live Support08:33:18 a.m.
Welcome to Pepperstone. How may I help you?
Visitor08:33:29 a.m.

MT4 Account Number 33012
08:33:37 a.m.
new account
08:33:58 a.m.
i read sond bad review about you in forexarmy
08:34:18 a.m.
what do you charge for credt card deposit
08:34:24 a.m.
or wuthdraws_
Pepperstone Live Support08:35:24 a.m.

This is the trouble of using forums to base any opinion on - they simply are not accurate.
We have been the victim of many smear campaigns by other brokers of late - Including accusing us of being a white-label of Axitrader and Ikon Fx.
The fact is that we have taken a lot of clients from brokers here and around the world because of our Industry Leading spreads, Technology and Customer Service.
Rather than improving their product offering a lot of the other brokers will take cheap shots at us under fake names on the Internet.
08:35:44 a.m.
There is a 3% fee for deposits with card.
Operator Pepperstone Live has joined the chat.
Pepperstone Live Support08:35:48 a.m.
There are no fees for card withdrawals.
Visitor08:36:18 a.m.
Rating:
Date of Post: 2013-01-29
Review: My edge account is one of the worst broker accounts I have ever used, huge slippage constant freezing of the platform, servers go down, you name it my account has had it.
08:37:29 a.m.
Pepperstone.com reviews and ratings by Forex Peace Army
08:38:05 a.m.
there is not charge for deposit with crdit card?
08:40:09 a.m.
Rating:
Date of Post: 2013-01-05
Review: Pepperstone has started as a reasonable broker but slided subsequently downwards and balances for the moment at the boundary to the junk. 5-7 Pips slippage(!) are not unusual, 2 pips stop level are for the ECN-Broker as it Pepperstone claims to be, absolutely unacceptable.

The worst support among all brokers I ever used and this is a lot. Asked about the slippage of 6-7 pips, server failures and so on they reply something like "This is our way of making business. Point."

All processes like opening sub-account are MANUAL(!) and take plenty of time. Welcome in the 21-th century.

Horrible commission for deposits with the credit card.

Don't use it if you have another options. After 1 year of smaller and bigger problems I've decided to revoke my money.
08:40:59 a.m.
i want to know the truth about all the things said my your former customers
Pepperstone Live Support08:42:59 a.m.
No one know if they are former clients or angry competitors
08:43:10 a.m.
This is the trouble of using forums to base any opinion on - they simply are not accurate.
We have been the victim of many smear campaigns by other brokers of late - Including accusing us of being a white-label of Axitrader and Ikon Fx.
The fact is that we have taken a lot of clients from brokers here and around the world because of our Industry Leading spreads, Technology and Customer Service.
Rather than improving their product offering a lot of the other brokers will take cheap shots at us under fake names on the Internet.
08:43:30 a.m.
The best way to test any broker is to open a live account and put small deposit like $200
08:43:35 a.m.
and test the execution yourself
Pepperstone Live08:46:23 a.m.
Are you in US?
Visitor08:46:42 a.m.
ok thanks. do you charge for credit card deposit,or your spread widen or your platform freeze at least some times and the 6/7 pips slip?
08:46:54 a.m.
no im in the dominican republic
Pepperstone Live08:47:00 a.m.
Great.
08:47:22 a.m.
Have you downloaded demo yet?
Visitor08:48:29 a.m.
yes im ready to start trading with a 10k accout,but im not sure og what brokers to use since all of them has bad reviews.
Pepperstone Live08:48:49 a.m.
Let me give you some facts.
08:49:18 a.m.
more than 90% of our customers are referred by their friends and family
08:49:26 a.m.
We hardly advertise
08:49:49 a.m.
Best thing to do is put us to test
08:49:55 a.m.
trade on demo
08:49:59 a.m.
or 200 with real
Visitor08:51:15 a.m.
ok i do not trust demo since you can fixed to make it look good,and when people change to real live account all the bad things come to light.
Pepperstone Live08:51:34 a.m.
That tells me you are a savvy trader.
08:51:43 a.m.
It is smart to test with small trade on real
08:51:52 a.m.
I encourage you to do that.
08:52:08 a.m.
By the way, we do charge for credit card fee
08:52:31 a.m.
because vendor charges us the fee for processing
Visitor08:53:09 a.m.
ypu did not answered about the deposit by credit card ,and the platform freeze and the 6/7 pis slips.
08:53:11 a.m.
oh ok
08:53:22 a.m.
sorry i just read about the charges
08:53:37 a.m.
how much do you charge?
Pepperstone Live08:53:49 a.m.
Again, you can avoid the fee using bank wire.
08:53:59 a.m.
Since you are doing $10k
08:54:08 a.m.
It will be cheaper for you.
Visitor08:55:27 a.m.
bank wire is harder since i have to drive to the bank and pay about us$35.00 for internacional wire
Pepperstone Live08:56:33 a.m.
Credit card fee for $10k will be 300
08:56:41 a.m.
Which ever works for you.
08:56:51 a.m.
That goes to vendor and not us.
Visitor09:00:16 a.m.
i do not like the charge for credit card deposits. if you take that charge off.you will make back ,by the money you get in the spreads.
Pepperstone Live09:01:29 a.m.
I am pretty sure you understand ...broker that dont charge fee have higher spread to cover the fee. We don't believe in those tactics. That is why we dont even do bonus on deposit.
Visitor09:03:05 a.m.
ok i will try you with a 200 deposit to test it live.do you offers bonus?
09:03:21 a.m.
oh
09:03:24 a.m.
sorry
09:03:32 a.m.
i did not read it
09:03:36 a.m.
ok
09:03:39 a.m.
thanks
09:03:46 a.m.
very good srvice
09:03:59 a.m.
you are good.
Pepperstone Live09:04:01 a.m.
Your welcome.
09:04:11 a.m.
Appreciate it.
Visitor09:04:35 a.m.
thanks adis .
09:04:42 a.m.
adios
Pepperstone Live09:04:57 a.m.
Cheers Mate!
Visitor09:06:37 a.m.
do you mind if i post you in the forum forexarmy so other people get the truth?
Pepperstone Live09:07:04 a.m.
Absolutely
Visitor09:07:12 a.m.
ok thanks
Pepperstone Live09:07:35 a.m.
Appreciate it again.

Back