Pips 4 Idiots = pure scam (beware)

Actually I'm not that impressed with Forex Machines which is this link. The moderator has been removing posts that overly criticize pips4idiots, apparently it is a site for review EAs and not just to whinge. I kind of get that but most importantly if we can stop other innocent traders losing their cash on such a blatant scam as this, then it is good editorship to allow those posts. My last post was not published which included the list of affiliates pushing this crap. So come on Forex Machines get your act together!

My anger is now directed at those affiliates who bombard our email boxes every day as our friends and mentors, EA experts. If nothing else we now know what you guys are about, I've just cancelled my email subscription (if indeed it works) to the same list as Alvin's above with the prominent addition of:
FAPTURBO and Megadroid Team - disgraceful.

I certainly won't trust these guys again.

Pips 4 Idiots-Clickbank refuses to refund

Hi Everyone, I hope the rest of you have had better success at getting your money back from Clickbank. I have tried over 6 times now and they keep changing the status from "Refund" to "Tech Support". I even sent a screenshot from the "Pips 4 Idiots" web site showing the guarantee that anyone can get their money back in the first 60 days for any reason. So my analysis is don't trust Clickbank any longer as their refund policy evidently has changed to favor the scam artist. Carl

This is really significant, if I can't trust Clickbank, I may never purchase a Forex EA again!!!!

It was the only fail-safe option to try these things out, don't the fools at Clickbank realise this?

Send another refund request. Make certain to state clearly "I am done with tech support. I want a refund." You can also try the clickbank abuse reporting feature.

Pips4Idiots is pure crap, getting refund a nightmare

I figured I'd pop for this EA, since it states in big bold letters that I can get my money back for any reason, even if it's just 'cause I'm too lazy to perform two clicks to install it. Since I was buying it through ClickBank, I figured I was covered.

Here's when I first knew I had a problem: after the initial purchase, they kept trying to upsell me with better versions (I thought the original was the "be-all, end-all of EAs, hmmmm), then tried to sell me on a subscription that would continually push new parameters to my copy of the EA as it's "collective intelligence" learned more and more. I refused every upsell opportunity - and lo, and behold, I get to the download page, and there are all three versions plus other stuff, just waiting for me to download. So some people paid for the advanced and the unleashed versions, but it turns out that everyone got them regardless of how much they paid to get to the members area.

Then I backtested the crap out of it. I ran different parameter sets. I ran an optimization test, then tested again with the optimized parameters. What did I discover? What we all know - it's a piece of crap.

So I sent my buddy (he is my buddy, right? I mean, he sent me an email welcoming me to the Pips4Idiots family!) Joe Simpson an email asking for a refund. No answer 24 hours later. So I asked ClickBank for a refund, and patiently explained to them all about the guarantee, blah blah blah. As someone else experienced, my refund request was changed to tech support. Round and round we went, me asking for a refund, they changing it to tech support.

Finally, I called PayPal to file a dispute. After hearing my tale of woe, the Customer Service Rep escalated it to a Claim immediately. And guess what? About six hours later, ClickBank sent me a refund notice. Coincidence? I think not. Apparently, once I got PayPal involved, the folks at ClickBank decided it was time to make good on my refund.

So now I know not to trust ClickBank anymore. I won't be purchasing anything that goes through them.

//----
Coda: PayPal just notified me that my refund from ClickBank came through. At least we can count on PayPal to be on our side.

Last edited:
Pips 4 Idiots-Clickbank

Hi Everyone, Finally got the refund (it showed up in my bank acct a few days ago) and want to thank the rest of you for hanging in there. I believe the refund occurred because many of us stuck together on this issue! It took 7 or 8 attempts and each time Clickbank sent back a reply changing from refund to tech support I replied back "NO-I WANT a REFUND"!!! Needless to say I will not be using Clickbank anymore. Thanks again everyone!!! Carl

absolutely outrageous

I am simply stunned in disbelief about what I hear about this...Clickbank not accepting refunds, I always assumed that this was what they built their reputation on. This is very bad news indeed, and not only for customers but also for those involved in affliate marketing. I think Clickbank should take heed to this warning. They will loose their prime status as top affliate marketing engine if any concern about refunds comes up. I don't buy EAs, I just wait for them to be available free, and even then I don't run them, I just get a laugh to to look at the code and see how someone was able to hype up some simple Moving Average crossover and sell it for $50, I then delete it as it is a waste of memory. I am however on Robinhood's email list and I thought I could trust the guy but it does seem more these days that he is just a marketer as I got the email about this EA. Of course the ad copy was very convincing, but I have learned to recognise when my greedy emotions are activated, actually something I learned from trading which has other applications. However I did see big blanks, after I read it there were things which were missing and unclear, all my questions were still unanswered, all I had was the feeling that I could be rich if I only spent a few bucks...

I did then see the affliates link at the bottom and clicked on this, this is available to all who are looking at it to purchase. I suggest that all customer's look at these things. Just as in trading it can help to look at the market from the perspective of the market maker, when purchasing it can help to look at it from the perspective of the seller. When I read the affliate section I knew that most of the time had been spent on marketing and that to me was a big warning sign.

Anyhow I have been trading forex for awhile and have a certain immunity to marketing now. The more hyped something is the more I doubt it, it was not always like that. I made some mistakes at the start and in fact wasted alot more money than this EA cost and despite the anger it cause I could not get a refund and just had to deal with the fact that it was a loss. Hopefully you all get your refunds and have learned something.

A huge "red flag" for any trading product is being offered "upsells" (additional related products for sale) when you go to purchase it. Remember that they just spent 20 minutes telling you that what you clicked the "buy" button for was the ultimate trading system - Now all of a sudden you find out there's a "turbo" or "advanced" version that's REALLY the best...well, if that's true, then why weren't they offering you the advanced version to begin with? Think about it - this means, no matter what, that they LIED to you right off the bat, telling you that "system X" was the best, when in fact they think that "ADVANCED system X" is really the best.
And in my opinion, any strategy that you have to pay extra to receive future updates for is a ripoff. Windows, Adobe, and iTunes send me free updates all the time, and I expect the same from any other software manufacturer.
When I see an upsell for an "improved" version, I immediately cancel my order, because I know I'm dealing with dishonest people.

People Getting Busy with Pips4Idiots!!

I have no connection with Pips4Idiots whatsoever, but I am a fund manager and advise that I have had 17 consecutive winning trades using the software since end of Nov 2010 on a very large client account.I fail to comprehend what all the screams of "scam"are all about. The advanced version (the upsell you refer to) simply trades on a different timeframe and often opens a trade when the std version doesnt... and closes it profitably!! Clearly the cries of scam are from people who have never tried the EAs. This gets my back up big time. Also the clown that mouths off about someones coding and making it public should be removed from the forum. His financial situation probably matches his low intellect so they wont waste their time suing him. They could harm forex peace army instead. What a clueless idiot he has to be.

Last edited:
Back