• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss PipsUniversity.com (Nick Thompson)

General discussions of a financial company
Proof that Nick would be rewarding individuals for positive reviews.

upload_2018-8-13_10-14-1.png

I have just emailed an invitation to Nick Thompson to come and join this discussion thread.

People have busy lives and leaving reviews are not what people enjoy doing.

I never said once to leave a GREAT REVIEW, I said if you leave a review let me know, I may send out hats or something.

I also wish you all would have posted my long in-depth explanation on another forum but since this forum is moderated before reviews get posted, I guess everything is biased.

I asked for people to leave their review because, when I tried to leave a post before it got “moderated” and was never posted & I thought I had to have a business paid profile or something on here before I was allowed to defend myself, so I sent out the link so my students could tell the truth.

I should also disclose that we never shipped anything out to anyone on this forum because, we don’t have a method for implementing automatic shipping lables.

Offering any form of compensation for reviews is a violation of US Federal Trade Commission rules. This applies even if the offer does not require positive reviews. You can read more about those rules here...

https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/bus...tcs-endorsement-guides-what-people-are-asking

You should be glad the FPA moderates reviews. A number of 1 star reviews did not pass moderation. Leaving yourself a 5 star rating is against the rules. Every review page has a note asking "Is this your company?" Clicking on that and signing up as a company rep lets you add comments to recent reviews.

The FPA considers compensated client reviews to be unethical and only a little better than hiring freelancers to leave fake reviews. Normal policy is to set those reviews to Zero stars. In this case, I will be removing all the reviews , positive or negative, for Pips University submitted on August 6th and later,. The only exception is for the review where Gerard reported the compensation offer.

I have just emailed the FTC requesting their guidance on how to proceed next. I will not be approving any new reviews for Pips University until I have heard back from the FTC.

Thanks for letting me know about that, I had no clue about that. I obviously knew paying someone isn’t looked at favorably but I didn’t know an item would be thought as that.

I would have never done that if I knew it was against any policy. I was just being nice because, not many people like doing reviews.

Thanks for helping me out.

Its hilarious that in the post above by Nick (the founder of Pipsuniversity), he is coming across as being ignorant to the fact to what he was doing was completely unethical. I am unfortunately one of the students who signed up for pips university and would of just been better to flush my money down the toilet! I am still part of the Telegram group and saw the conversations about the reviews he was asking people to write in this chatroom. When it came to light that Forex Peace Army was notified about him directly asking students to leave reviews, Nick totally went offline a bomb infront of everyone, ranting and swearing infront of everyone, it was completely unprofessional, just like the courses he offers and his telegram chat.

Please don't believe that he is being apologetic or thanking Forex Peace Army for helping him out. He very well knows what he is doing. Scamming newbies on the forex scene. There is a massive market out there for forex education, and he very much prys on the innocent and naive students who is looking to learn. Check out his $1000 challenge. The point of this challenge is to turn it into 1 million into five years. SERIOUSLY!! Nearly one year on, he is in drawdown and not even in any profit. He can't even make a steady 10 percent annually! If you don't believe me, google "pips university 1000 challenge myfxbook"

Avoid pips university like the plague please!!! This guy is a fraud!!!!

Back