• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem Plus 500 scam

I am having an issue with a company
ℹ️ Info ⭐ Reviews ❓FAQ
Thats great news !
How about Dasser are you sorted too ?

:(

I haven't the same luck...

In fact plus500 have told me that they don't want to "talk" to me anymore, and if I'm not happy I should complain to FSA... and this was their last answer... in fact they have been very rude/agressive with me, especially their representative Mr.Zruia, send me very unpleasent e-mails..
I'm shocked that a company can act like this with an honest client, who just want his money back....

I'm really desperated, I really began to believe that my 8.000eur will never came back to me.... :(

Stack all your info up in a bundle. Contact FSA and complain then .
The whole point in organisations like the FSA is that they will deal with plus500 for you.

Stack all your info up in a bundle. Contact FSA and complain then .
The whole point in organisations like the FSA is that they will deal with plus500 for you.

FSA sucks.
On my case a lot of unanswered emails, very difficult to contact them by phone (… we are having technical difficulties, please call back later)!

Hi, I'm posting just to inform that my case have never been resolved....

Plus500 staff are very rude, they don't even want to comunicate.....

RUN AWAY FROM THIS BROKER......

Accept their invitation to complain to the FSA. Throw in a complaint to the FOS while you are at it.

Hi, I know its been some time but I've been looking at signing up with plus500 so I did some research to see if it is a scam, I read through this thread and to pharoah's question of "scalping" no it is not illegal at all anywhere in the world, however because plus 500 are classed as a "dealing desk" they are in competition with traders there for if a trader is scalping plus 500 lose money so they probably put a no scalping rule in there policy, I have read through the London stock exchange rule book and there is nothing saying that scalping is illegal.

Also I would like to add that plus500 in a promotional video they have shows them explaining how to buy and sell it clearly shows and explains to buy oil as soon as the price went up they said sell all within 10 seconds here is the link to that video

I hope this helps clear some things up and I think plus 500 need to make their rules clear as this video contradicts their no scalping rule.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,

I have just been reading this thread after something strange happened on my Plus500 account. I have been making modest profits. Only started small with £350. I'm new to trading and Plus500 looked nice and easy to use. I made a few hundred pounds from ETE when the price moved to nearly 2euros.

I bought 200 TPEIR shares at 0.190 on 3/6/13 at 13.01. The shares then went up to 1.40 and I was made up. They went up on 12/06/13 at around 10am GMT. I looked at my balance/profit and there was no real difference. Looking into my trade history the shares were sold on same day at 10.04 GMT for 0.194 and the close reason was because it expired. I have looked at the information for TPEIR and there is no expiry date. Have I missed something or is Plus500 having me off.

Regards, Carl

Authorised and regulated MiFID Investment Firm
Plus500UK Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority, FSA Register No.509909, to carry on business across the European Union and elsewhere.
Plus500UK Limited is a company registered in England and Wales (Company No 07024970) specializing in Contracts for Difference (CFDs) in commodities, shares, currencies and indices.
Office Address
Plus500UK Limited, 359 Goswell Road | London EC1V 7JL
Complaints Process

Full details are available on request. The disputes body to which Plus500 is affiliated is:
The UK Financial Ombudsman
South Quay Plaza
183, Marsh Wall
London E14 9SR

I bought 200 TPEIR shares at 0.190 on 3/6/13 at 13.01. The shares then went up to 1.40 and I was made up. They went up on 12/06/13 at around 10am GMT. I looked at my balance/profit and there was no real difference. Looking into my trade history the shares were sold on same day at 10.04 GMT for 0.194 and the close reason was because it expired. I have looked at the information for TPEIR and there is no expiry date. Have I missed something or is Plus500 having me off.

carlbagley71 How was your SL configuration? Did u use a dynamic pip or the SL directly?

Back