• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss Plus500.com

General discussions of a financial company
ℹ️ Info ⭐ Reviews ❓FAQ
Lastly, I read that the European regulators are requiring maximum leverage to be lowered significantly across a bunch of different asset classes - how do you guys deal w this? Put up a bigger deposit or just move to a different broker outside EU...feel like if it's move to a different broker I might as well avoid any of the European CFD firms and just go offshore immediately.

No big deal, with a 100 :1 leverage (long time Fx standard) the broker borrowed you 99% of trading funds, with a leverage of 30:1 you still get 97% (hope I got that right :rolleyes:

Needless to say the higher the leverage, the faster one will learn about margin calls, unless you have some magic fortune crystal ball ?

Mean time cfd provider show number of their retail clients % performance, unfortunately still on loss side, Plus500 indicate 80.6 % of their clients lose, others show minus 82 %, 79% etc…(who knows what assets)

…best stick to highly regulated environment also consider a trip to Forex Military School

No big deal, with a 100 :1 leverage (long time Fx standard) the broker borrowed you 99% of trading funds, with a leverage of 30:1 you still get 97% (hope I got that right :rolleyes:

Needless to say the higher the leverage, the faster one will learn about margin calls, unless you have some magic fortune crystal ball ?

Mean time cfd provider show number of their retail clients % performance, unfortunately still on loss side, Plus500 indicate 80.6 % of their clients lose, others show minus 82 %, 79% etc…(who knows what assets)

…best stick to highly regulated environment also consider a trip to Forex Military School

There are lots of reasons why higher leverage is best and doesn't mean higher risk.

For example, I'm a scalper and am often in alot of trades, this is how my EA works and at 30:1 it just wouldn't work.

But even as a normal trader, what if you wanted to enter a 1 trade on cable to catch a few pips on a breaking out.

- My risk is always limited with a 5 pip stop loss (£50) but now my margin requirement is £3333. If my balance is £2500, I'm only risking 2% of my account in that trade. But I dont have enough margin to enter the trade at 30:1. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Why did they change leverage! If I do this at 500:1, its a £200 margin

With 30:1, you can only concentrate on one or two trades at a time, are forced to significantly reduce your position sizing are forced to take a longer term position in the market and not scalp.

I've been checking out ASIC brokers. I think this is still a really good regulator and I don't have to change my strategy!

I've been checking out ASIC brokers. I think this is still a really good regulator and I don't have to change my strategy!

True, some of them also advertise quite a lot on fpa scam alert page….for free :D greedy guys
…best is joining Wall Street Traders, these days they are making money like never ever before (no bs)

Hell0, I’ve just started trading and seem to be making small amounts 50-100 a day and I’ve read poor things about plus 500 and what they do if you start earning money, can anyone clarify if you can earn money from Plus500 and they don’t shut you down a? I’m trading oil options thanks antony any advice would be amazing

Hell0, I’ve just started trading and seem to be making small amounts 50-100 a day and I’ve read poor things about plus 500 and what they do if you start earning money, can anyone clarify if you can earn money from Plus500 and they don’t shut you down a? I’m trading oil options thanks antony any advice would be amazing
Welcome FPA mate,

Before you take any decision, I would suggest to check this https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-reviews/5374/plus500-review

Back