• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem Plus500

I am having an issue with a company
ℹ️ Info ⭐ Reviews ❓FAQ

Adam2012

Recruit
Hello!
I have big problem with broker plus500. They blocked my account and stolen all my deposit. What can I do to recover my money?
PLEASE HELP ME!! :(((((((

I received an email from them:
We apologize, but you can not trade with us any longer.
No further payments will be transferred to you.
Best Regards,
Miles
Customer Support
Plus500.com

This is unfair.......

Did they say anything before blocking your account?

Check their trading terms. Do they have limits on scalping and/or newstrading? If so, were you violating those limits?

Overall, I think that if what they emailed you was the only info you got from them, it's quite unprofessional.

Check their trading terms. Do they have limits on scalping and/or newstrading? If so, were you violating those limits?

Overall, I think that if what they emailed you was the only info you got from them, it's quite unprofessional.

I received a message:
The amount that you deposited, 2,000 PLN was refunded to your credit card. The refund should appear at your bank account by the next billing date of your credit card. No further payments will be transferred to you, as your profits were earne by an non-legitimate trading method.

Then I wrote:
I'd like to get information how many time i should hold the open position to avoid scalp, because in user agreement there is any mention about time.

24.1.7 you will not enter into any Transaction for the purposes of arbitrage, scalping or to exploit any temporal and/or minor inaccuracy in any rate or price offered on the Trading Platform;

Mr Brayan from Plus500 support said:

4.In the User Agreement:
24.1.7 you will not enter into any Transaction for the purposes of arbitrage, scalping or to exploit any temporal and/or minor inaccuracy in any rate or price offered on the Trading Platform;
Scalping is a position that is usually left open for less than 2 minutes. We would not close someone's account for opening a few short term positions, this would be only for users who's large majority of positions fall into this category, and I do mean by a large majority. If most of your positions were for the purpose of scalping, yes, we would void these positions.

But the message from the Lady Annie from the same support Plus500 is completely different:

Holding positions under 5 minutes is considered scalping.

You could find out more about scalping here; Scalping (trading) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sincerely,
Anna
Customer Support
Plus500.com

Then my account was blocked.
So the time from opening to closing position is different for each of the support ???!!!!

Today, I received another message:

Hello,
According to our user agreement,

We're willing to come forward and enable you to withdraw 2000 Euros from your total profits (although you are not entitled to, according to our terms) in order to close this case.

Awaiting your reply and decision.

Sincerely,
George
Customer Support

What I should to do now? In account is 55700 zł ( ~13000 Euro)..

That's always a difficult decision. If you fight them, they could decide to not give you any profits, or you might be able to negotiate for more money.

Check your trade logs. Find out how many trades and how much of your profit are based on trades less than 2 minutes and how many are from 2 minutes to 5 minutes.

Also, go through their website very carefully to see if 2 minutes or 5 minutes occurs somewhere in the TOS.

And another message:

Hello,

Scalping is a trading method in which the trader opens and closes positions within a small period of time, the period is of lessen relevancy, since it can be a matter of seconds, therefore both answers that you received (from Brian about 2 minutes and from me about 5 minutes) are legitimate.

Best Regards,
Anna
Customer Support
Plus500.com

In addition, they sent me this:

15.2 We will be under no obligation to, but may in our absolute discretion, provide quotes for, or accept, execute or cancel, all or any part of a Transaction that you have requested through the Trading Platform without giving any reason. You may request to cancel or amend a Transaction at any time prior to our completing such a Transaction. We shall be entitled, but not obliged, to accept such a request in our sole discretion.

22.6 We shall be entitled to terminate the Client Agreements immediately by providing you written notice, with or without cause, in our sole and absolute discretion.

So for them it has no meaning.
Likewise, they could write 10 or 15 minutes!!
So they can do literally anything with your money!
And they are Authorized & Regulated by the Financial Services Authority!!!

This is inconceivable...

Last edited:

Well even if he did cross the limit, how can they keep the deposit of the client?
Scam i say!

Ask them where in their TOS it says that they can take your deposit.

As a general note, if a broker bans scalping, they need to define scalping. Otherwise, they could say that scalping is any trade under 1 hour.

Hi,

I also have a problem with plus500. They blocked my account and stolen all my money.

look:

Hello,

Scalping is strictly prohibited at Plus500 as stated in our site user agreement. Any trader suspected in using such a trading method or any

other foul use of our platform will have his trading account immediately terminated and all, if any, profits would be made void.

Our management has detected you have scalped, and therefore your account was terminated accordingly.

Sincerely,
George
Customer Support Representative
Plus500.com

Hello,

All profits were made void while terminating your trading account.

Sincerely,
George
Customer Support
Plus500.com

Dear Sir,

WITHOUT PREJUDICE – A/c:

We have taken a cursory review of your file and trading record which indicates that your manner and/or method of trading classifies you as a “scalper”. The term “scalper” is defined in Clause 24.1.7 of our User Agreement as a customer warranty. Briefly, it states: you will not enter into any Transaction for the purposes of arbitrage, scalping or to exploit any temporal and/or minor inaccuracy in any rate or price offered on the Trading Platform; positions held for short periods, generally less than three minutes, are considered to be “scalping”.

Accordingly Plus500 are entitled to take steps to close your account under Clause 22.6 of the Customer User Agreement if you continue to be in breach of the warranty you gave. We may also exercise our right under Clause 15.2 to cancel trades deemed be in breach of your warranty.

Additionally, Plus500UK may also exercise its right to be indemnified under Clause 26.1, which reads as follows: “You agree to indemnify, and hold us, our affiliates, employees, agents and successors harmless, from and against any and all liabilities, losses, damages, costs and expenses, including attorney fees, we incur arising out of your failure to fully and timely perform your obligations under the Client Agreements or any Third Party License, or as a result of your breach of any warranty”.

Regards
Plus500 UK Ltd

For me 3 minutes!!! but in the terms & conditions:

24.1.7 you will not enter into any Transaction for the purposes of arbitrage, scalping or to exploit any temporal and/or minor inaccuracy in any rate or price offered on the Trading Platform; positions held for a short timeframe are considered to be scalping.

Back