UK Company number 07157877
37 Warren Street, London, W1T 6AD

Adrian Boal - Head of Customer Operations
Virraj Bharatkumar JATANIA - Co Secretary
Ian Michael LANGLEY - Director
Mark NEWTON-JONES - Chief Executive Officer
Benjamin Martin SANDERS - Chief Operating Officer

Background... Not a forex scam.
I use a prepaid Pockit card to pay amazon fees and for small expenses online and usually keep the balance below £10. A few days ago I needed account details to have a (non trivial) boat related settlement sent to me, and having the Pockit card with me, gave the details. Big mistake!

A week goes by, and I check the account online daily... still no funds!
Eventually I start ringing in... below are a selection of call results:
"No transaction on our records, maybe tomorrow."
"Maybe tomorrow?"
"No manager available..."
"Currently experiencing a high volume of calls..."
"We do not accept payments from Germany..."
"Will call you back..."
"Tried to call you back, unfortunatley..."
"Call me back..."
"In a meeting until 1pm..."
"At lunch..."
"Un-available..."
"We need an MT-103 from the sender..."

At this point I start to worry, and check some review sites:

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.pockit.com
- looked ok until I filtered for 1 star reviews then... lots of issues. Also the firm is manipulating the reviews with fake positive results.

https://www.aspokesmansaid.com/money-and-insurance/company-6305/pockit/1
- oh no ... lots of problems, all of the same type eg. pockit have my money and will not return it. Some people out over £10k. Not ONE positive review here because the firm is not posting fake reviews on this paticular site.

My patience wore thin at this point...

Last contact from me to them:

Dear Adrian,

Many thanks for taking personal responsibility for this issue.
I am, sadly, not in a position to pursue this matter, however can give
you some background just in case that helps.

This particular payment is the result of a payout made to me by the
insurers of a vessel we rescued in September. It settles a situation
we are all keen to put in the past, and receipt of these funds (or
not) completes their liability (or not).

The details were handled by the mooring association I have my boat
with, and therefore I do not have direct access to information you say
you require. I gave them the details of my pockit account because it was all I had
to hand when a bank account was required to receive payment. That
appears to have been a mistake!

The firms concerned are well known for their straightforward behavior,
and in general deserve this reputation.
My next steps, should the funds in question not appear into my account
before 6pm today, will be:
1) contact my club and explain.
2) employ a solicitor to retrieve the lost funds.
I have been quoted four hundred pounds for this work by a local firm.
They are currently producing an estimate for their further work below;
Make a formal written complaint to:
all regulatory bodies
wirecard and all other operators you turn out to be involved with
Frankly we are a bit appalled by the number and severity of complaints
against your firm that are easily found on a web search engine.

It is my duty to inform you that all expenses from this point onwards
will be billed to your firm, the total extracted through the courts.

In the meantime, the insurance firm involved, their bank, my club and
all other parties concerned will be paying close attention, and I do
not doubt that you will be hearing from them soon after.

Letter due out Monday from my side ...

REEL HASALL & PAYNE
Unit 10
Mill Quay
Mill Lane
Exeter
EX2 6LW

Tel: 01392 791432
Email: reelhasallandpayne@gmail.com

15th October 2018
FAO Adrian Boal - Head of Customer Operations
cc Virraj Bharatkumar JATANIA - Co Secretary
cc Ian Michael LANGLEY - Director
cc Mark NEWTON-JONES - Chief Executive Officer
cc Benjamin Martin SANDERS - Chief Operating Officer

WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Dear Adrian,

As detailed to you by our client Mr. XXXX XXXXXXX (your client number 9444... support request #486...), we are required to outline our position and indicate our clients intentions.

Initially, you will receive an invoice for all items listed on schedule 2 of the attached estimate. This covers the funds owed to Mr. XXXXXXX in terms of the balance of his account, costs involved in recovery, and damages incurred on his 50th birthday. These are related to your handling of this situation, the distress caused by your subsequent emails and telephone calls and the dishonest practices employed.

Payment of the indicated subtotal will settle the listed matters in full.

In the meantime we are considering a private prosecution in relation to all matters, indicated as we understand them, in schedule 1. We are currently investigating, however, you should be aware that these are serious offenses, and should you decide not to settle, matters will also be passed to the public prosecutor and the police as part of this process.

We estimate your financial liabilities in this case to be above £50,000 (in fact an unlimited fine may be proscribed), and would expect 2 year custodial sentences for officers convicted of these offenses. In addition you should also consider the legal costs involved.

Pre-judice settlement of the indicated subtotal will resolve and discharge the listed matters in terms of our interests, however you may still discover additional public liability in terms of criminal and civil charges should they be filed by the authorities.

As an offer of goodwill, you should note that the actual financial penalties that would be claimed in the event of a successful prosecution would be far larger than the sums we are requesting as settlement. This offer expires with this invoice or estimate #000036.

Best regards,

Nick Morrow
on behalf of RH&P
reelhasallandpayne.quickfile.co.uk
reelhasallandpayne@gmail.com
01392 791432

Ideas, comments, questions? Welcome.

Pockit, 2018-10-11 16:32:51
Hi Xxxx,

Thanks for getting back to us.

As I am sure you are aware, Pockit operates under FCA regulations and all our procedures are monitored by our regulators.

As mentioned this morning, the funds haven't reached Pockit accounts I am afraid. As I am sure you are aware, this is an international transfer and as so, DEUTSCHE BANK AG bank will process it via the SWIFT network. This means it can take several days, and it will also travel via an intermediary bank

Pockit does not have visibility over this, neither control over the funds until the funds reach our account, and at this point, we have not received any transaction that matches the details that you have provided. I completely understand your frustration, however, in order for us to investigate this further, we will need a transfer confirmation, ideally an MT-103.

Tare multiple things that could cause a delay and not necessarily be on Pockit side. Without a transfer confirmation or a SWIFT message, we are unable to trace this funds. We completely understand your frustration and we are here to help, but we need you to provide us with the confirmation so we can trace the funds, otherwise the sender can trace the funds on your behalf.

I hop ethis helps Xxxx.

Best,

Adrian Boal

Head of Customer Operations.

The above from Pockit ... the typos are theirs!

Corey (Pockit)

Oct 15, 16:19 BST

Dear Reelhasall,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Unfortunately, we haven't been able to link this email address to an existing Pockit account. To keep your account safe, we can only communicate with the email address you have registered to your Pockit account.

All you need to do is send us your query through that email address instead.

Alternatively, feel free to give our customer care team a call on 020 3322 9170, and we'll be happy to investigate further for you. Our lines are open Monday to Friday, from 9am to 6pm.

Corey (Pockit)

Oct 15, 16:19 BST

Dear Reelhasall,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Unfortunately, we haven't been able to link this email address to an existing Pockit account. To keep your account safe, we can only communicate with the email address you have registered to your Pockit account.

All you need to do is send us your query through that email address instead.

Alternatively, feel free to give our customer care team a call on 020 3322 9170, and we'll be happy to investigate further for you. Our lines are open Monday to Friday, from 9am to 6pm.
Did you contact them with another email?

Apologies if this has caused confusion.

Their latest response to our query, their return, and pretty typical.

They obviously have failed to read the email (From RH&P) which does have a different originator address.

Send again from what they consider to be a "correct" address and/or see if you can edit your account in a way that authorizes more addresses.

Ask the sender to ask their bank to initiate a trace.

So... the letter above^^ and the fact that our insurers landed on them squarely seems to have done the trick!

Our insurer has sent an email stating funds are on the way back from Pockits bankers.

You might believe that Pockit routinely suspend transactions and accounts in the hope that these deposits will be forgotten, or beyond the means of individuals to remedy. I can hardly comment, but would instead encourage you to look for reviews of pocket on TrustPilot, "A spokesman said" and other review sites. An ugly picture soon emerges.

For those of you who find this thread due to your own issues with Pockit, I would advise you not to delay, to raise the issue with any service providers concerned, and file a small claim for the balance of your account (if under £10k) should there be no immediate refund.

For larger sums (largest single instance I have found is £14k) you will need proper representation as the figure is beyond the limits for a small claim... but look on the bright side... above 10k legal expenses may be claimed back!

Back