Polish president feared dead in Russian plane crash

Crazy Cat

Former FPA Special Consultant
Hi there.

This is Crazy Cat writing.

I just got a message that an airplane with Poland's president, Lech Kaczyński (and his wife), as well as Polish Central Bank Governor, Sławomir Skrzypek, and lots of other important highest Polish government members on board crashed in Russia. As of right now it seems no one survived.

Among the President of Poland, there were lots members of the National Assembly, both "Sejm" (lower House) and "Senate", as well as a few highest authorities from the National Defense department (and lots of other departments) such as Poland's army chief, Franciszek Gagor. Also deputy foreign minister, Andrzej Kremerand was on board. Poland's Foreign Ministry spokesman, Piotr Paszkowski, said there were 89 VIP people on the passenger list but one person had not shown up.

Polish president feared dead in Russian plane crash | Reuters

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...ish-president-feared-dead-in-plane-crash.html

This may influence USD/PLN. Unfortunately it's weekend now so I cannot enter a trade.

This is a very early message and there is still a slight chance that someone survived. However, most likely no one survived.

Poland is an important and one of the biggest members of the European Union.
Poland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
European Union - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This news is somehow affecting me personally since I was born in Poland.

Here is the wikipedia entry (wow, people are really fast):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Polish_Air_Force_Tu-154_crash

Thanks,
Crazy Cat

Last edited:
This news is somehow affecting me personally since I was born in Poland.

Hi Crazy Cat!
What a horrible news!!!
I didn't know you're from Poland. I'm from Poland also and I live in Poland still. Where were you born? Can you write in polish? :)

Hi Crazy Cat!
What a horrible news!!!
I didn't know you're from Poland. I'm from Poland also and I live in Poland still. Where were you born? Can you write in polish? :)

I was born in Szczecin. Tak, mowie po polsku...

I was born in Szczecin. Tak, mowie po polsku...

No nieźle... Crazy Cat pochodzi z Polski! To mnie zaskoczyło muszę przyznać. Ja też wylądowałem ostatecznie znowu w Polsce (kilka lat mieszkałem w Niemczech pracując w różnych projektach informatycznych).

Studiujesz w Stanach, Crazy Cat?

A dzisiejsza katastrofa to niezły szok. Nie mogłem rano uwierzyć, kiedy pierwszy raz o tym usłyszałem...

The Russians would be stupid to remind the world of their massacre of Polish officers in WWII by shooting down the politicians on the way back from the commemoration ceremony. I'm sure they will send condolences for the accident. Putin participated in the ceremony. Besides the Russians have an aging fleet.

Take a step back. The idea of a war out of this is very unlikely.

That said, I'm sorry for this loss guys.

www.nytimes.com/2010/04/11/world/europe/11poland.html

Last edited:
Back