Possible scam - XMFX

Angeleyes12

Recruit
I met a guy on Instagram who was nice at first. We then chatted on WhatsApp. He has a Chinese phone number and lives in New York City for work. He introduced me to this trading platform and I invested and traded on it for a few months. When it came time to withdraw, they asked for 20% tax upfront before I am allowed to withdraw. I didn’t know what else to do so I paid the fee. After initiated it said it couldn’t go through because the finance department mistyped by bank card. I would be responsible for this mistake and would have to pay a deposit of about $20000 by this Wednesday or face certain consequences. Everything sounds fishy to me now looking back, I am such a fool. Please advise me what to do? My account balance now is frozen.

I met a guy on Instagram who was nice at first. We then chatted on WhatsApp. He has a Chinese phone number and lives in New York City for work. He introduced me to this trading platform and I invested and traded on it for a few months. When it came time to withdraw, they asked for 20% tax upfront before I am allowed to withdraw. I didn’t know what else to do so I paid the fee. After initiated it said it couldn’t go through because the finance department mistyped by bank card. I would be responsible for this mistake and would have to pay a deposit of about $20000 by this Wednesday or face certain consequences. Everything sounds fishy to me now looking back, I am such a fool. Please advise me what to do? My account balance now is frozen.
Do NOT pay any more taxes or fees because you are being scammed. You should contact your bank, report this as a scam and ask them to immediately try and recall the last wires they initiated for the taxes. Please provide a website and any other useful information about these scammers.

Do NOT pay any more taxes or fees because you are being scammed. You should contact your bank, report this as a scam and ask them to immediately try and recall the last wires they initiated for the taxes. Please provide a website and any other useful information about these scammers.
Is there a way I can pursue them to recover any money at all?

Can you please share the trading platform where you deposit the money?
And talk with card customer care and explain the situation to them, ask them to use a payment protection program.

Is there a way I can pursue them to recover any money at all?
Please provide the website and any other information that may be useful for us to better research this company. Without posting any of your personal details can you also post the scammers bank account details, phone numbers they are using, profile pics, etc.

The best way to recover your money now is to deal with your bank and have them to help you to retrieve your money.
Thanks for sharing your situation but it would be very helpful if you can post the company’s website that you dealt with so that other potential victims won’t fall for it.

Also after dealing with your bank, please report these people so that the authorities are aware that more and more victims are falling for this.

Back