Possible scam?

We have spoken about this, I have been straightforward with her today. I told her, a friend of mine got scammed on MT5 (which is not true) and because of that I did a research and I found about many scams. The message was more elaborate, but this is the meaning.

Then I have been very clear about my goals, and how I intend to use my money.

She replied: "I didn't ask you to invest in MT5! It's all my own operation of FX. I never ask anyone to invest with me, whether it's loss or gain."

Do I believe her? Well, not really, but I made it clear I'm not interested in forex. If she was trying to scam me, she would have closed the conversation there, I suppose. Instead she was upset because I didn't trust her, but she still wants me to visit her. She might be genuine. This is not the first Asian I match on Tinder, another one was definitely legit. She had a baby, a coffee shop, and she has never spoken to me about investments.

I checked, there is no quarantine and there is no visa either for me.

In any case, the only thing I'm keen to open for her is my zip, sure not my wallet.
yes if its Valley tech Spec LTD

I have seen the video. I have done online dating for over twenty years, much before Tinder or dating apps, just using a text chat, on IRC (Internet Relay Chat). I slept with a lot of girls back in the days. I have never been scammed, but I have been catfished a few times, from ugly or very large women who pretended to be someone else. It happens. Nowadays it's much more easy to find out if they are catfish, you just do a video call.

I have also been on a few dates with girl who were just interested in my money. They weren't taking commission, but they were very demanding. These girls are everywhere, in every big city in Europe. It's ok to provide if you get something in return, but most likely they want you to provide for nothing.

This asian girl I met on Tinder looks legit. She is the girl in the pictures, so she is not a catfish, and I don't know what she can achieve if I visit her. Hosting someone is not a joke, I mean, you have to live with the person for a couple of weeks. Also, she is not very active on WhatsApp. When she is on line is because she is writing to me. Scammers usually work on many contacts at the same time. So she is not trying to scam anyone else in Europe. We do not use WeChat or LINE here.

Anyway, I still didn't decide if I'm going there or not: ticket is expensive and it takes so long to get there. Plus, in many parts of China there is still quarantine, and I'm not willing to stay 2 weeks in Taiwan. At the same time I don't want to go there for just a week, because it takes so long to get there. At the moment I'm not so interested.

This makes no sense, to be honest. What can they get, my credit card? My laptop? I need 2 minutes to block them all and report to the police. I don't travel with cash.

Hopefully travel restrictions will improve once a vaccine clears the 3rd level of testing and is made available.

A good rule for visiting some place you aren't familiar with to meet someone you don't know - Find out where that person is located, and make your own hotel reservations nearby. Don't let your "friend" know exactly where you'll be staying. That prevents any pre-bribing of hotel staff.

Hi guys,

I have an update on this case. So, during the last two days the girl sent me the screenshot below. She told me she lost $24k. Then, today, she told me the lost reached $72k. Yesterday she told me she had a total of 80.000 USD.

1598960869078.png

She claims she lives in this house:

1598961087176.png
She gave me an address, but this building is not in that neighborhood. Well, Google is not great in China, but that's the only service I know with street view.

Also, she said her name with Joan in English, but then I ask her full name, and she told me Cai Xiaoling, which I don't think is Joan...

I asked if she has a car. And she sent me a picture of a Porsche.

1598961377737.png

Finally today she asked me what I would have done for her if she needed help. And of course I said: "anything". And I asked her if she was in trouble. And boom, then it's when she asked me for money.

She wrote me: "The money in my account is not enough for the deposit, can you recharge for me?".

And of course I said no. And I also said I was expecting that. Then she told me she was testing me and she didn't lose the money. :-D

Anyway, for those who may match this girl on Tinder, which is probably from Hong Kong and not Taiwan, her number starts with +852 and finish with 4582.

Please REPORT ALL SCAMS to your local authority, banks and to the authority where your money was sent to

Hong Kong: https://www.police.gov.hk/ppp_en/04_crime_matters/adcc/contact.html

Hong Kong SFC: HK SFC Online Complaint Form

Singapore: https://www.police.gov.sg/I-Witness

Taiwan: https://english.police.gov.taipei/cp.aspx?n=4C927E8874B0DDE8

China: http://cyberpolice.mps.gov.cn/ but need someone who reads Chinese to navigate

Usually all these websites are register using GoDaddy so, please report it here too: abuse@godaddy.com

HOW TO COMPLAIN TO THE REGULATORS MANUAL

It’s EXTREMELY IMPORTANT that everyone affected come forward in order to defeat this type of organization. Put them all behind bars where they belong.

company offering forex, gold, financial trading product require to obtain license from financial regulator, the license can be cross check with financial authority website. if broker company operate without verifiable license number, most likely it is fake trading, and your trade doesnt pass to the real market exchange. the money is gone for good as soon as you send the deposit

Hi @PK494, I didn't send any money, and I can't prove she is a scammer. Most likely, she is a scammer, but I will never find out because I'm not going to give her a penny. I reported the information I have about her, so someone else will not fall in her trap.

mybusiness@ uff…. you got pretty close ending up as Sex Slave for Human Traffickers

https://www.ic3.gov/media/default.aspx?

Years Pharaoh repeating over and over to file complaints, including FBI, no need to be from the US…. https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

….for sure these days the main Worldwide Cyber Crime Police worth the name

I really don't think so, I do not fit the picture.

It looks like a classic forex scam. She never really wanted for me to go there, she was just trying to establish a sort of connection. She has seen I wasn't interesting in forex and investment, so she tried to play the card "I'm in trouble I need money, please help me", which didn't work either.

But I'm sure she makes a living this way. And maybe it's even true she has a beauty salon, probably bought with the money of the people she scammed.

Last year the police arrested an Italian scammer, living in Switzerland, who stole 130k Euro from a woman who was dying of cancer. He contacted her lying about having a daughter named Anna, like the victim, claiming the girl was dying of cancer as well. Obviously this woman felt in his trap. He is now in jail, where he belongs. Vicious people don't deserve to be on this planet.

I do have more respect for bank robbers than I have for scammers. Scammers are the worst people in the world.

I do have more respect for bank robbers than I have for scammers. Scammers are the worst people in the world.

Show your lack of respect by letting IC3 and the HK police know. You could even pretend like you've decided to send her a few thousand, just to get the info about how she wants you to send it.

Otherwise, she'll just keep scamming and scamming.

Back