• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem Possible scammer? Tinder and Forex

I am having an issue with a company
Hi Guys,

I'm totally new to Forex. Recently I met this girl "Jenny" on tinder.

After a couple of chats via Whatsapp, she was telling me about how she made a lot of money from forex using a mobile app.

She asked to me use this link to download.... app.fxmt4.vip

When I google search this link, the result shows MetaTrader 4 app from google store.

But when I actually click on the link, it connects to another website where this MetaTrader 4 app can be downloaded but manually install in the phone.

After installing the app, she told me to search for her agent HKDAHUI.

This doesn't appear in the app that is downloaded from Google store but appears in the app downloaded from that site that she gave me.

Has anyone come across this?

Thank you.
Shawn
Yep most likely a scam, stay away.

A beautiful blonde girl got in touch with me through a dating app and told me she made alot of money trading forex. Asked me to switch to watsapp. She said she uses GLLUCK limited as her broker. Trades on this app called MT4.
She forged a relationship with me within some time of meeting me online.
She love bomed me and ultimately after initial hesitation I agreed to try investing. Initially for over a month I saw profits following her *signals* then one day lost my entire investment.
Later she asked me to invest a little bit and said the lost funds can be recovered. Ultimately when these funds too were lost following one of her signals, my account balance on MT4 went negative.
Days later I received a mail from GLLUCK advising me to pay the negative balance of over 500 USD or they can take action. see the mail below.
Should I bother paying this money at all ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210721-004337~4.png
    Screenshot_20210721-004337~4.png
    195.2 KB · Views: 7
A beautiful blonde girl got in touch with me through a dating app and told me she made alot of money trading forex. Asked me to switch to watsapp. She said she uses GLLUCK limited as her broker. Trades on this app called MT4.
She forged a relationship with me within some time of meeting me online.
She love bomed me and ultimately after initial hesitation I agreed to try investing. Initially for over a month I saw profits following her *signals* then one day lost my entire investment.
Later she asked me to invest a little bit and said the lost funds can be recovered. Ultimately when these funds too were lost following one of her signals, my account balance on MT4 went negative.
Days later I received a mail from GLLUCK advising me to pay the negative balance of over 500 USD or they can take action. see the mail below.
Should I bother paying this money at all ?

Do not pay anything. Report them to the police.

Reports been filed but I'm thinking if there's any way to recover any of these funds. My finances are so bad.

How did you send the money to them? if is through your bank then talk to the bank and see if they can do any retrieval. If you invested through binance then the possibility of recovering that is 0.

Edit: The chances of getting your money back is not $0 but as long as you are persistence and also work with authorities and talk to your local politicians and keep writing to a lot of media outlets until the news are out there then when authorities recovered the money, you'll have yours back too

Last edited:
Thank you for the suggestions. I have looked up the options of chargeback and am looking into it.

My investment was from a bank to Binance to the trading platform. So yes there are records of all the transactions.

Back