Possibly some GOOD news for economy!

Plato

Private
The Federal Reserve may have stopped the economic bleeding caused by a summer credit crunch, the latest WSJ.com forecasting survey suggests, as economists turned more optimistic in the last month. The October survey showed the average forecast for chance of recession moved lower to 34%. That was the first decrease since June and followed a forecast of a 36% probability of recession in the August survey. Expectations for payrolls growth and corporate profits rebounded.

The economists still paint a bleak picture of the housing market, marking down their projections for housing starts and home prices in both 2007 and 2008 for the fourth consecutive time.

Good....well lets see about that...

First and foremost - the economy isn't like the stock market (a phony institution built on 'perception')....there are global factors, interest rates, import and export values that need to be taken into consideration.

And maybe people are a bit happier than they were a month ago, you need to remember that a Recession (yes, I said it here first), a RECESSION is a natural part of any healthy economic cycle. And the US's economy is prime for that phase to begin in 2008 (with the yo-yo in office and this $1 Trillion debt from the war alone) - I doubt it will be skipped.

GFX

First and foremost - the economy isn't like the stock market (a phony institution built on 'perception')....there are global factors, interest rates, import and export values that need to be taken into consideration.

And maybe people are a bit happier than they were a month ago, you need to remember that a Recession (yes, I said it here first), a RECESSION is a natural part of any healthy economic cycle. And the US's economy is prime for that phase to begin in 2008 (with the yo-yo in office and this $1 Trillion debt from the war alone) - I doubt it will be skipped.

GFX

"Not phony and built on perception" Are you sure? ;)

"Not phony and built on perception" Are you sure? ;)
Yes Im sure -
Commodities are necessities (Currency, Oil, Sugar, etc.), while Equities (Stocks) aren't. Infact, the only reason that Equities are worth anything is Public perception > the only time that income comes into play is when trying to figure out the "True" Value of the stock. Isnt that interesting? Using Earnings in the equation to figure out the value of a piece of the company --- and then you only have one part of the puzzle.

Here's the deal > Governments like it when people invest money in corporatations. Stocks are essentially FREE money for these companies once offered, and then commissions are drawn for each time an order is placed. No Goverment on earth gains by people like us speculating on their currency. So think about it.

;)

Back