Probable Scam Linktradefx

Gyster

Private
I was contacted on 6/10/22 by a persoon LinkedIn who’s profile listed Cosmetics and Finance as Interests. The profile is associated with Marie Gustavo. I responded to “her” connection requests and exchanged a few messages throughout the day. At the end of the day, “she” suggested we connect on whats app. I agreed, and continued the conversation Friday evening. Initially, the conversation was mainly around investing in Forex (I am only vaguely familiar with any of it), and I mentioned it to my wife, showing her the messages and profile photo. Later in the evening, “she” made a couple of sexually suggestive remarks and at this point, I was convinced this was a scam of some sort, and decided to try and figure out what it was.

By Sunday evening, I was going to divorce my wife, leave my son behind and run off to New York and marry her. :eek:) Bear in mind that I’m 63 and the photos they’re using look to be a 20 something year old. In the meanwhile, this person kept going back to urging me to invest. I made up fictitious accounts and told “her” that I needed to transfer money to keep building in delays. They wanted me to use crypto currency, and I kept telling them I didn’t want to get into that. I signed up for an account at LinkTradeFX.com and Gemini.com. In the meanwhile, I was pouring on the, “I’m in love with you” crap, and was taking some satisfaction in wasting this person’s time. They started sending me racy photos on Saturday.

By Monday 6/13, they had all but given up on getting me to use crypto, and gave me instructions on how to use cash app. Marie told me to input $millerpp2 in the To field and then tap Pay and the money would be instantly added to my account at LinkTradeFX. I told them I was going to fund my account with $,1100 but in cash app, I only put $1. When I entered $millerpp2, the name Joseph Miller came up and I asked Marie who he was. She claimed he was the account holder or something like that for the brokerage. I tapped send, and of course, nothing was added to my account, so I sent a message to their customer support and described what happened. I then told Marie what I did, and “she” started freaking out, insisting that I send her my cash app receipt. I refused repeatedly over the next couple of hours and kept changing the subject and telling her to calm down that they would get it all straightened out – not to worry. :eek:)

I expected to receive a reply telling me this was a fraud, but didn’t. In fact, I received nothing. So I went back to the website and engaged in a chat session and they told me they personally knew Marie and that this was a legitimate method for funding my account. It was then that I realized that LinkTradeFX is not reputable and appeared to be a part of the scam.

At this point, I don’t know what to do, so I sent “Marie” a text last night and told her I didn’t feel well, and have stopped communicating altogether.

When they had me set up an account at LinkTradeFX, I found very little information, but ScamDetector rated them very low. When I pointed this out to “Marie”, she was offended that I would do such a thing! Another review site rated them “moderate” or something like that, but that’s about all I could find on them. I reported this to the FTC on Monday. So, I’m out a buck, and cannot say with 100% certainty that this is a fraud, but there are so many red flags that it is screaming FRAUD! I hope you can help expose this.

I was contacted on 6/10/22 by a persoon LinkedIn who’s profile listed Cosmetics and Finance as Interests. The profile is associated with Marie Gustavo. I responded to “her” connection requests and exchanged a few messages throughout the day. At the end of the day, “she” suggested we connect on whats app. I agreed, and continued the conversation Friday evening. Initially, the conversation was mainly around investing in Forex (I am only vaguely familiar with any of it), and I mentioned it to my wife, showing her the messages and profile photo. Later in the evening, “she” made a couple of sexually suggestive remarks and at this point, I was convinced this was a scam of some sort, and decided to try and figure out what it was.

By Sunday evening, I was going to divorce my wife, leave my son behind and run off to New York and marry her. :eek:) Bear in mind that I’m 63 and the photos they’re using look to be a 20 something year old. In the meanwhile, this person kept going back to urging me to invest. I made up fictitious accounts and told “her” that I needed to transfer money to keep building in delays. They wanted me to use crypto currency, and I kept telling them I didn’t want to get into that. I signed up for an account at LinkTradeFX.com and Gemini.com. In the meanwhile, I was pouring on the, “I’m in love with you” crap, and was taking some satisfaction in wasting this person’s time. They started sending me racy photos on Saturday.

By Monday 6/13, they had all but given up on getting me to use crypto, and gave me instructions on how to use cash app. Marie told me to input $millerpp2 in the To field and then tap Pay and the money would be instantly added to my account at LinkTradeFX. I told them I was going to fund my account with $,1100 but in cash app, I only put $1. When I entered $millerpp2, the name Joseph Miller came up and I asked Marie who he was. She claimed he was the account holder or something like that for the brokerage. I tapped send, and of course, nothing was added to my account, so I sent a message to their customer support and described what happened. I then told Marie what I did, and “she” started freaking out, insisting that I send her my cash app receipt. I refused repeatedly over the next couple of hours and kept changing the subject and telling her to calm down that they would get it all straightened out – not to worry. :eek:)

I expected to receive a reply telling me this was a fraud, but didn’t. In fact, I received nothing. So I went back to the website and engaged in a chat session and they told me they personally knew Marie and that this was a legitimate method for funding my account. It was then that I realized that LinkTradeFX is not reputable and appeared to be a part of the scam.

At this point, I don’t know what to do, so I sent “Marie” a text last night and told her I didn’t feel well, and have stopped communicating altogether.

When they had me set up an account at LinkTradeFX, I found very little information, but ScamDetector rated them very low. When I pointed this out to “Marie”, she was offended that I would do such a thing! Another review site rated them “moderate” or something like that, but that’s about all I could find on them. I reported this to the FTC on Monday. So, I’m out a buck, and cannot say with 100% certainty that this is a fraud, but there are so many red flags that it is screaming FRAUD! I hope you can help expose this.
Thanks for reporting this. Can you please post the website address they are using?

According to their website, they have an office up near Stockton, CA.

I have received about 6 more messages on whats app from "Marie" today, but I haven't replied.

linktradefx.com/home/index.php
This is definitely a scam. The website was setup back in October and expires this October. This is on purpose as after 6 to 12 months they will then just move to a new website and continue to change their image for scamming.

1655440667953.png

This is still ongoing...I received a photo of "Maire's" driver's license last night. They still think I'm falling for this. I have a phone number and some names. Last night she wanted me to wire money to a bank account so I have routing number account number address a name and home address swift number etc. I wonder if it's possible to get this investigated and may lock these people up?

This is still ongoing...I received a photo of "Maire's" driver's license last night. They still think I'm falling for this. I have a phone number and some names. Last night she wanted me to wire money to a bank account so I have routing number account number address a name and home address swift number etc. I wonder if it's possible to get this investigated and may lock these people up?
The CFTC (commodities futures trading commission) regulates brokers and has a whistleblower program. I recommend to take all the information you have gathered and report this company to the following organizations.

1) CFTC

2) FINCEN

3) Global Anti Scam Organization (US NPO) - founded by victims of these scams who now combat all pig butchering romance scams. They have free live chat 24/7 on their website and they will further help to investigate this for you. You can tell them The Punisher sent you

When you have a few minutes, watch the video below to learn more about these scams including the top bosses and where they are located.

Back