Profitable EA, need advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtschulnigg

Private, 1st Class
Hello everyone, :D

I has been trading for more than 3 years right now. Sorry if my english is not too fluent. I'm here to ask for advice because I have a profitable EA and I want to know if something is slipping away from me. I would be very grateful if I can get your help.

I'm not here to told what is the strategy because I don't want to sell it or get investors, only for advice.
What I can say, is that the EA doesn't use external indicators, only price action. Is very reliable and is not going to change much over the years.

I started with the idea trading in a simulator and then I hire a programmer to automate it. I'm using 99% quality data. I have tested it with variable and fixed spread and it works very well with both. Of course if the spread is lower, it works better. Considering commissions and swaps it remains profitable. It uses a very low risk per trade, that's why too much trades. The EA is 94,6% profitable.

90610.attach.jpeg

90611.attach.jpeg

These images are from a 2 years test, I started with $5,000 USD and turned them into $480.000 (without comissions), considering comissions is aproximatly the half, around $250.000. I have tested it with 5 years data at least and is the same profit year after year, with almost no Drawdown (less than 10% in almost all simulations). I don't share the images of 5 years because I don't have them right now. I know I have to test in 10 years or more but I didn't think is going to change too much the profit per year. I have tested it with different data from Dukascopy, TrueFX, MT4 and other brokers, the first two only with 99% quality.

Right now I'm testing on demo account and is working properly.

Anything that you could contribute will be welcomed, thanks you!

The backtest sounds very promising. I hope the demos work too. If they do, don't mortgage your house yet. First, find a broker offering microlots (1 cent/pip on xxxUSD pairs) or smaller and test it live.

If that works, once the account doubles, withdraw your initial deposit and then withdraw 25% of new profits each month. That way if the broker suddenly decides to erase your profitable trades, you haven't spent years watching the balance build up only to see it all evaporate.

Also, once you have a modest account working on one broker, find a second broker to run it on. This provides more insulation against 1 broker shutting you down and grabbing all your profits.

Hello everyone, :D

I has been trading for more than 3 years right now. Sorry if my english is not too fluent. I'm here to ask for advice because I have a profitable EA and I want to know if something is slipping away from me. I would be very grateful if I can get your help.

I'm not here to told what is the strategy because I don't want to sell it or get investors, only for advice.
What I can say, is that the EA doesn't use external indicators, only price action. Is very reliable and is not going to change much over the years.

I started with the idea trading in a simulator and then I hire a programmer to automate it. I'm using 99% quality data. I have tested it with variable and fixed spread and it works very well with both. Of course if the spread is lower, it works better. Considering commissions and swaps it remains profitable. It uses a very low risk per trade, that's why too much trades. The EA is 94,6% profitable.

90610.attach.jpeg

90611.attach.jpeg

These images are from a 2 years test, I started with $5,000 USD and turned them into $480.000 (without comissions), considering comissions is aproximatly the half, around $250.000. I have tested it with 5 years data at least and is the same profit year after year, with almost no Drawdown (less than 10% in almost all simulations). I don't share the images of 5 years because I don't have them right now. I know I have to test in 10 years or more but I didn't think is going to change too much the profit per year. I have tested it with different data from Dukascopy, TrueFX, MT4 and other brokers, the first two only with 99% quality.

Right now I'm testing on demo account and is working properly.

Anything that you could contribute will be welcomed, thanks you!

Looks promising, but something tells me, it was demo tests which are usually significantly better than live tests. Its because of execution speed, spread advantages, etc.

Judging by the results it looks like a scalping EA? If so, the results on a real account will certainly differ, and as Pharaoh said, the broker may decide not to give your winnings; And it's not just that, they may increase spread/slippage thus making your EA useless.

The backtest sounds very promising. I hope the demos work too. If they do, don't mortgage your house yet. First, find a broker offering microlots (1 cent/pip on xxxUSD pairs) or smaller and test it live.

If that works, once the account doubles, withdraw your initial deposit and then withdraw 25% of new profits each month. That way if the broker suddenly decides to erase your profitable trades, you haven't spent years watching the balance build up only to see it all evaporate.

Also, once you have a modest account working on one broker, find a second broker to run it on. This provides more insulation against 1 broker shutting you down and grabbing all your profits.

Thanks Pharaoh! That I will do. From somewhere I need to start, that's why demo first, it's a process.

It does intraday trades, but they aren't too shorts, can still working good with 0.8 spread average. It supports peaks of spread of aproximatly 35 pips max. I have been testing it for more than a month now.

no wast your time with test or demo ect... run it in small cent real live account and lets see. And if the result is good, then run it in differant broker account, not only one, particulary if your strategy is scalping! Scalping strategy is very weak in front of broker.They can manipulate the price as they want for short move price.

The web is now full of commercial expert advisors, most of them are scam, and a very few of them worth its cost! If you need to have one you may get confused as every expert advisor author tells that he owns the best and the only real profitable one in the world, this may be true, but you cannot depend on those marketing expressions unless you confirmed that by yourself!

I think this is not the perfect time for mortgaging your house. Still your situation is not too bad. You can try on demo trading first. Hope it will works good. And please be careful on broker selection. Like Pharaoh said, select a broker who will give you the chance to do micro lots. I also think this is a good idea to avoid lose. Though trading with micro lots will bring small profit. But this is also true that it will bring less lose also.

It is interesting to read the analytics and the assumption of ordinary traders, you can make your analysis based on their opinion. Opinions on this market are also very important since one of them can turn out to be correct and bring a lot of money.

Did you try it on live account? Did you make such amount of money with your EA? Or it was just an indirect advertisement? I would love to know the rest of the history. Did you survive with this EA. Backtest result is mouth watering but did it give same result in live??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back