• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss ProfitableFx.com

General discussions of a financial company
I subscribed also for the signal service. What I cannot understand is, when do I have to cancel the pending orders?

Cable Run, anyone?

With 400-500 pips of profit a week from Cable Run as tested by FPA, I am surprised that no one is talking about this EA. In case you didn't know, this is a grid system for trading GBPUSD in H1. Trading hours are during the Asian session.

Sorry, I didn't know there is a thread going. Cool!
By the way, this EA rocks.

Mentosan: Why do you subscribe the signal service? Get the EA, play with the trading hours inputs and find the best settings. This EA can be back tested. Set and forget.

Last edited:
performance

Please can any body give me a performance review of the profitable EA, is the EA still performing as its shown on the FPA page, kindly respond.

Niyi

FPA is running the EA trade copier from ProfitableFX. All pending orders will be cancelled at the end of the trading hours to avoid trading in a strong trend. Both trading strategies have been profitable. To view ProfitableFX's demo results, go here:
Cable Run System | Myfxbook

Last edited:
I subscribed to signal service because it is cheap. The cable run is a little bit expensive to buy it. Anyway for me is clear now that the signals what I receive are not from the cable run because I lost a lot pips last and this week with the signal service and I saw that cable run didn't.

I subscribed to signal service because it is cheap. The cable run is a little bit expensive to buy it. Anyway for me is clear now that the signals what I receive are not from the cable run because I lost a lot pips last and this week with the signal service and I saw that cable run didn't.

The Cable Run EA pulled in 351 pips since September 23 when I started. The key is trading hours. GMT 21-7 is the best I found.

WEIRD Behaviour of Cable Run EA

I have purchased and run Cable Run 2.0 for almost 2 months in DEMO account at ODL and Tawawul FX...So far, I got MIXED feeling about how this EA behave...Sometimes, the EA works perfectly by CLOSING the position at the end of ASIAN session regardless you win or loss during that day...But in the other days, the EA keeps the LOSSING position especially when GBP-US is in the strong trend...

I have no idea why the CABLE RUN sometimes could not close the position whereas in the other days could close it no matter what (LOSS or PROFIT)??? I have consulted with vendors but it seems there is still some bugs on this EA..The vendor promises that they are now in the final testing for version 3.0 which will include the STOP LOSS function in the event that the EA is taking MULTIPLE SELL positions, yet at that days the STRONG BUY is ruling or vice versa...

MY suggestion is DO NOT USE CABLE RUN 2.0 INTO LIVE ACCOUNT YET...This EA is still not perfect...Wait till version 3.0 comes with STOP LOSS function to ensure that daily by the end of Asian session, the EA will CUT the position regardless WIN or LOSS...I still believe that this EA has the potential especially if they have fixed the STOP LOSS function... :D

stop loss

Halamsja,

I feel the same way. A strong trend can wipe out your account. This is a Martingale system with the option to keep the same bet size or increase bet size. It amazes me that the demo account done by ProfitableFX survived for so many months. There was one time I noticed that the drawdown (floating loss) was more than $1,000 trading 0.1 lot with many positions open but then all closed out later in the European session with a net profit. I think that was just luck. As you may notice, the more positions you have, the quicker they become profitable if the market goes in your favor. So, a stoploss is a double edged sword.

At the end of the trading hours, the EA will cancel all the pending limit ordes but let the ongoing trades continue. This is not a bug. One can use a script to close open trades if the drawndown reaches a pre-determined level. Try the attached indicator.

Attachments

• CloseTrades_After_Account_Loss_TooMuch.mq4
    3.2 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Back