Real world vs DEMO

Jeffboy - what do you mean -""picking pips consistently"" ?
Three months? Three years? When it would be consistently?

I would say 3 months is a good start.

But just remember that everyday is different and what may work today, may not work tommorow.

Keep plugging away on your demo until you are in good profit for 3 months consistently then try on a live account with low leverage until you get used to trading live and are consistently winning then gradually up your leverage.

Just take baby steps...the Forex market will always be there

Good Luck :)

Hi Guys !
I'm 1 month in real account already. 3.5% loss yet.
It was great fun. Worth every penny I lost.
I still believe - it is possible to win.
Two main mistakes I made - to quick to buy - I have no patience to wait until some pair good position, and even more important - no courage to hold winning positions. Easy to play with 1000 Euro, very hard with 10 000 Euro,
Hell with 50 000 Euro. I wish you all great successs!
Thanks for advice 3BlackCrows! But Baby steps is so slow - !
And last - DEMO and REAL trading - two different worlds.

Last edited:
Hi!
Today is very good day - first big success !
I'm winning at last! Almost 1% positive (seventh week already)
I hope you doing well too! Strange Market reaction to FED's rate cut enables
me buy low and sell just at the top!
Very good feeling.

Hi !
Two months of trading gone. Nobody predict me good results, because of very bad results in DEMO trading. Anyway - I'm still standing! Almost 3% plus.
I take no risk (leverage just 2-3), carefully read news, including Felix advices.
Its already fifth positive week. But there is a problem - too small gains because of fear to loose. 10-12% profit a year - is it enough? What to do? Any advice, how to fight fear?

Im starting demo tmrw

im starting to demo tmrw and i hope to start a mini account by the end of february is that too fast?

im starting to demo tmrw and i hope to start a mini account by the end of february is that too fast?

Start demos with at least 2 brokers and make sure your results are similar. I've heard strange tales of success beyond any reasonable level on some demo accounts (take profit hunting instead of stop hunting).

Beyond that, it comes down to what you are comfortable with. I've heard recommendations ranging from 30 days to 6 months. Have you ever done any sort of financial trading before? Have you ever day traded anything before?

When you start live, don't dump all of your money into the account. Start with a small account and see what the real differences are for you between demo and live. The psychological differences vary from person to person. The reaction time differences vary from broker to broker.

Kentt, just do it! Don't vaste you time on Demo. I'm 3 months live, results still minus 8 %, but I'm patient, waiting and hoping AUD to rise again :)

Ok,here is the truth, even after practising with the demo and you become confident,even after reading all the materials in the world and passing all exams if any,even after reading reviews and reviews of advice from "gurus",the fact of the matter is you still dont have the truth. The truth will come from within you,from ur own judgment that you develop after...!!!... after you have gone live and heavily lost,and then maybe be driven by the urge to continue so u further re'fund ur accnt,learn from every mistake u make because it is destined you make several many mistakes,learn how to appreciate small profits and learn that you can stay a whole day watching price movements without necessarily trading and you are comfortable. Oh and by the way sometimes ul get lucky in that ul profit from extreme movement that favour you that you had not anticipated,but at the same time vice versa. Best advice start small,if u wana start with $2000,use $500 instead till u get the concept in ur mind,not from other pple

Back