Recession, what does it mean for Forex?

As a trader, are you worried about a recession?

• Yes, I am scared sh#tless!

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • No, live will go on and I will contiune to make money.

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Hmm, good question... I'll get back to you on it.

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Recession, who cares. I know I don't

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

jsamdirect

Recruit
So the buzz word lately is that the U.S. is in or heading into a recession. Some even think a depression is on the why. That said, I am wondering what this means for the forex market? Anyone know got any thoughts on this or know of any reports?

---
jsamdirect

Possible Worldwide Deflationary Depression

I believe there are many indications of a global depression that will occur slowly over the next few years and lead to a depressed financial state well beyond the current generation.

BUT, as long as there are seperate national currencies there will always be a FOREX market to trade. This is the Super wealthy traders play toy. I do however feel that there is a process to weed out and eliminate the small trader and the smaller brokers, etc. that feed upon the small traders ignorance of the game.

Only time will confirm or dispute my theory and until then you will see the Financial wolves feed on the weaker prey. I can only pray that I am totally wrong and I will be glad to be proven wrong... but alas I don't think that is going to happen. ENJOY the trade as long as it is available and cut your losses.

Ideally......

soon...(5-10yrs) we will not be having so many currencies as we do now,and thats is a trend signal,in 20 yrs there will be countable major currencies each positioned by continental boundaries, this will in effect eliminate small traders like us coz the movements of this currency pairs will be no joke,unless they come up with new ways to leverage one's margin,then as yrs progress "communities" will take sides,but one must win but with relative compromise we will finally see one global currency,and i guess our work will b done. I hope by then we'l hav made new contacts with different alien worlds who have thea currency's n i guess we can again start a new fx will millions of pairs n were back in business.
:) cheers.

Hi

Hello community! first post here :) and my opinion follows:

As long as it hasn't taken full shape yet, it's still a probability. Now how big or small and how do we wrap around it that's another question. I guess that's where your trading preferences come into question, but lucrative traders won't see it as a drawback.

Regards.

Attachments

• NAZ_bottom.gif
    NAZ_bottom.gif
    35.5 KB · Views: 7
So the buzz word lately is that the U.S. is in or heading into a recession. Some even think a depression is on the why. That said, I am wondering what this means for the forex market? Anyone know got any thoughts on this or know of any reports?

---
jsamdirect

News Flash guys...we are certainly in a recession. All of the numbers point in the same direction....SOUTH. I say that we all position trade and sell the US against the majors. That's what I've been doing. heheh:):)

The beauty of our markets is that it doesn't really matter what the economy is doing as long as there is volatlity. In fact I'd say recession is good because it brings more volatility and any moves are exagerated.
So bring it on........

Back