• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Info Are these recovery companies legit or not?

Asking questions about a company
I see they made it into AsstMod's personal list of Recover Room Scammers and Spammers:

https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/community/threads/recovery-room-scammers-who-spammed-the-fpa.64442/post-366105

That's an excellent reason to avoid them, but let's see what else there is about this website to make you want to take your money and run away from them.

The domain was registered on February 20, 2020 (less than 3 months ago). That does not inspire confidence.

Wow, they claim they can trace and recover crypto from wallets. If you tricked me into sending you some Bitcoin, although blockchain would make the transaction traceable, it wouldn't give me or anyone else the power to reverse the transaction. I'd have to win a lawsuit or even criminal case against you, and even that wouldn't get my money back if you refused to access the wallet (assuming you had left the Bitcoin there and hadn't already moved it and transferred it into other forms of currency).

The phone number on the contact us page has one too many digits to be a US number, but they claim to be n North Carolina.

Game over - they have "client testimonials" on their website that are older than the website. Those are left as dated comments and the dates go all the way back to 2018. That alone is enough to convince me not to waste any more time on the site.

Saw that. The reason I’m asking because it’s too late for me deposited certain amount of BTC to recover my losses and then saw the domain age. Luckily I haven’t deposited 10% or 5% but still what ever I deposited I need some garantee or refund if it didn’t work.

Even if they sent you some BTC watch out. I've seen a number of complaints lately about some form of unspendable bitcoin with the need for one more fee to somehow make it spendable.

The thing you have to remember is these "Recovery" Firms have no jurisdictional "power".

The only way you can go after an entity is through a lawyer/law enforcement.

And if the entity isn't licensed / easy to serve a lawsuit - you're probably not going to be able to sue them.
Then, if you are able to sue them, a lawsuit costs easily $50k+ which could very easily be more than you lost trading...

So, these "recovery firms" never make it clear how they magically can recover funds that even a very good attorney would have a low success rate if you spent tens of thousands with them.

Think about it. Their whole business model just makes zero sense.

are you referring to like the financial commission etc?? their only incentive is to put a good or bad name on brokers that pay them a fee for the 'award' badge on their website. i don't think its a wholly bad idea, but its not 'REGULATION' as we all know it, so bear that in mind

AssuredRecover is an assured scam. Here's one of the endorsements on their homepage:

View attachment 48635

Banc de Binary has been gone for years. AssuredRecover.com was only registered in January of 2019.

Need more evidence. scroll down and look at their staff. Then find 3 of those 4 people working for
Fake endorsements for a recovery they couldn't make. Fake images of fake employees. If you want to send them money, kiss it goodbye first.
Appreciate folks like you on these forums.

Back