Remove your emotions as much as possible.

It's hard to seperate your emotions from anything completely.
However having a solid strategy that you can deploy will help . Win or loss trust in your strategy is vital

I think the experience will bring us better to handle emotion, in addition, if always in front of the chart, sometimes become less discipline due to temptation by price movement like as the pretty girl dancing in front of the eye, makes desired to catch him.

It's hard to seperate your emotions from anything completely.
However having a solid strategy that you can deploy will help . Win or loss trust in your strategy is vital

Agree with this, I don't think it's 'removing'. your emotions that is the key but learning to control them. I know lots of successful traders use meditation and mindfulness. It is important to be relaxed and have trust in your strategy. Once you do that the process becomes so much easier

It is a good piece of advice but it is really hard to follow. I mean that everyone knows that emotions will do traders no good but it is hard to stay away from emotions when it comes about risking your personal money. So, my advice is to pay attention to your trading strategy and you should do your best to make your trading strategy as precise as possible.

It is easy to be said.
I believe that it is an open secret that emotions can do you only harm and they can only spoil your trading results. Basically, there are two kinds of emotions which appear during the trading process. THey are fear and greed. Fear is usually caused after some loss on the market or a bad streak. In such a situation a trader is too afraid to lose more, so he misses so many good trading opportunities or he can close the winning deals too early, when they make some minimal profits. Greed is the opposite to the fear and it is born in the opposite conditions. There are some moments when a trader has a winning streak, he starts to think that he is always right about the market. In this case he begins to open so many deals at a time just because of his self-confidence, but not because of the signals which he sees in indicators or charts. Such a trading usually leads to the negative outcomes.
I have come across many ways of dealing with your emotions. I feel that the most effective one is to put down every trading idea that you are going to realise. I have a trading diary where I write all of my deals and the thoughts or signals which made me want to open this or that deal. In most of the cases such a writing prevents me from opening some shitty deals. When you write, you start to reconsider your intentions and this additional thinking opens your eyes.

Unrealistic expectations can lead to frustration and emotional decision-making. Recognize that trading success takes time and consistent effort. Focus on the process, follow your trading plan, and evaluate your performance over the long term. Regularly review and analyze your trades, regardless of the outcome. By objectively evaluating your trades, you can identify patterns, strengths, and areas for improvement. This analytical approach helps shift the focus away from emotions and toward data-driven decision-making.
Trading can be demanding and stressful. It's crucial to take breaks, both during trading sessions and between them. Engage in activities that help you relax and clear your mind. Managing stress levels promotes a more rational and focused mindset.

When it comes to trading, emotions can be one of the biggest obstacles to success. Fear, greed, and hope can cloud our judgment and lead to impulsive decisions that can hurt our bottom line. That's why it's essential to remove your emotions as much as possible and stick to a disciplined trading strategy. One effective way to do this is to use trading rules and stick to them, no matter what the market is doing. Another strategy is to use automated trading systems that can help take the emotion out of trading.

Finally, it's important to recognize when emotions are starting to take over and take a break or step away from the markets if necessary. By keeping a level head and sticking to your plan, you can help reduce the impact of emotions on your trading and increase your chances of success.

I don't think we can remove all emotions in trading; it's a matter of developing a solid trading plan, risk management, and taking a break from trading once in a while.

Generally, being sincere to you emotions are sometimes damaging, especially for a trader. I admit there's no way to become entirely emotionless, as it's in our nature. But at the same time, this energy, a human spends on emotions, can be easily aimed at other significant things.
But, it requires practicing and that's why it's easier to scream and shout after a lost deal rather than calmly analyzing the mistake. Our brain just used to relieve this way.
Still, there's a sense to apply for meditation, mindfulness and other crap in case you realize emotions take a bigger share you want'em to take.

That's correct. It doesn't refer only to long-term investors or positional trader, but it's applicable to daytraders and even scalpers.
Well, scalpers naturally don't spend much time thinking whether to buy an asset on this price or to wait until it becomes more appealing, they act quickly, cuz the technique itself implies rapid reaction on the slightest price fluctuation. But, anyway, to master this technique, you should spend tons of time analyzing the chart and emotions control prevails for sure.

Back