1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remove your emotions as much as possible.

Discussion in 'Beginners Bootcamp' started by Jeff Martinez, Oct 17, 2017.

1. EURUSD

EURUSD Sergeant Major

Yes actually its good idea to always make a trading journal, we can make evaluate trading anytime, which with learn from all mistake that already committed, hence will be getting betterment trading, which if we can recognize our mistake, on future we will try to avoid the same mistake repeated again

2. holycow

holycow Master Sergeant

MT4 already have options to check the trading history, which provides actual insigths to review mistakes and improve them.

3. EURUSD

EURUSD Sergeant Major

Yes right, but I think if we can write down our plan trading on certain trading journal it will giving easiness to make an evaluation, and most important to write down our reason why enter in the market, like as sample we open entry based on overbought or oversold with RSI or stochastic, it will help to make an evaluation later

4. EuroTrader

EuroTrader Sergeant Major

To have an overview of your past trading, keeping a trading journal is a nice idea. It will tell you all your improvement or mistakes you did. Then you will be able to avoid mistakes and wrong decisions next time. It will also help you improving your risk to reward ratio in trading.

5. Johnno26

Johnno26 Recruit

I had an old trading coach who always said, those who do the work other wont, get the result other wont. Hard work, but well worth it!

I've been using a tool from REMOVED. It has a trade analysis feature which is super handy but I often import the data into excel to play with it.

FPA FORUMS TEAM NOTE: Beginners Bootcamp is a non-commercial area of the forums.

6. TrapLok

TrapLok Recruit

Many traders loses their heart when they suffer from a loss. Emotions are natural phenomena you can't remove them, the only thing you can do is to take control over them. Never makes emotions to control you. If you do so than the chances of making another mistake becomes too higher.

7. DaveT

DaveT Private, 1st Class

Bang all your MT4 stats out into Excel and you can do wonders with that data

8. DaveT

DaveT Private, 1st Class

If you're profitable long term you just move on from your losing trade to your next trade without emotion. Knowing you are profitable is the key

9. RachelEB

RachelEB Private, 1st Class

Controlling our emotions is a hard one to master, but is vital.

The best advice i had, and made a difference, was to always think of the money in your Stop Loss risk as lost money when you place the trade. This way no matter what happens in the trade, you have already detached yourself from the loss.

Etedus12 likes this.
  10. ScottyCarsonMVP

ScottyCarsonMVP Private, 1st Class

Try and detach yourself as much as you can emotionally. Regular exercise helps

RachelEB likes this.