Remove your emotions as much as possible.

Having a trading plan/system that includes risk and money management and what your edge or thesis is, keeps you discipline and removes emotions. A methodical approach to trading is what works for me... usually lol I'm new to forex but have a system for day trading emini's and micro futures... and whole different trading plan for options.
Emotions and consistency is the hardest part, a plan can be changed easily but a undisciplined mindset is tough to correct

I think it's impossible to remove emotions from trading if you trade manually. But it's pretty possible if you use automated software. I use three robots running and only check account equity time to time and calibrate robots according to changing market parameters as liquidity, volatility and spreads.

I think it's impossible to remove emotions from trading if you trade manually. But it's pretty possible if you use automated software. I use three robots running and only check account equity time to time and calibrate robots according to changing market parameters as liquidity, volatility and spreads.

With robot trading , if you are looking at your accounts time to time, it means you could not remove emotions from your trading. It is human nature and we cannot change our nature specially when money is at stake.

Can you share more info about the robots you`re using?

We can say with robot trading there is less emotional involvement in trading. But how robots can be controlled by traders . Some times they are not in hands they can do unlimited trading with no risk management. Risk management according to market is necessary robots had not own intelligent they just act as you set, Trader itself can handle situations better if they are managed in trading decisions and emotional control.

It's the hardest part. I am trying to train myself to be as number to winners as losers. It's just business. On this subject I assume those with personality disorders and psychopathy make great traders. Or are they too impulsive perhaps. Be fascinated to know if anyone is or has experience of this.

Sometimes indeed difficult, some trader use robot trading because they have a reason to avoid emotion in trading since a robot will not involve emotion, but indeed not all robot having good performance, many of them the cause of failure

I completely agree with you. However, this is how it should be, not how it necessary is. Human emotions aren't always ration - one may now they need to be practical but achieving that can be difficult.
Emotions can be reduced but not controlled 100% no matter if you have 10 years of experience. for example, just look at gold yesterday and it would have brought emotions even in experienced traders.

Back