Resolved - Berndale Capital? Illegally holding your money!

Hi moshafx and FPA,

First off, we'd like to introduce ourselves to the forum.

I would like to clarify that Berndale does not hold funds of any client, for any reason when proper identification has been supplied. As an ASIC regulated company, our compliance team must process each individual withdrawal request as we are required to adhere to standard AML/CTF procedures, and to ensure that the funds are being returned to the rightful account holder.

As is the case in this specific instance, our compliance team had requested details from you surrounding the supplied identification, for further investigation. Naturally, I am unable to comment on the situation within a public forum.

If you are unable, I'm able to explain what happened. You firstly asked for the copy of my passport and I sent you a photo of it; after few days (more than 3) you replied you needed a scan of my passport so I sent it. From that moment I DID NOT RECEIVE A REPLY FOR 7 DAYS - I sent you more emails during those 7 days. I can post screenshot of what I'm saying.

Our accounts team had attempted to make contact with you on several occasions using the supplied phone number, shortly after receiving your request. It appears the number supplied is invalid, and this has delayed the withdrawal process exponentially, resulting in our support team dealing with this matter via email.

The phone number provided is not invalid - I told them this by email for 3 times and it seems they still ignore this - but I'm from Bangladesh and I'm not allowed with my carrier to receive phone calls from outside Bangladesh. In fact I have a call to the to complete the verification process.

As of now, you are aware the matter is with the Financial Ombudsman Service Australia (FOS), and our dispute resolution manager is obliged to work through their protocols.

I know that my dispute is with FOS now and their protocols require that you send money back to the client if everything is in order as confirmed by you.
If you are not sending my money back you are not following their protocol and you are simply holding my money illegally .

I would like to clarify that Berndale does not hold funds of any client, for any reason when proper identification has been supplied. As an ASIC regulated company, our compliance team must process each individual withdrawal request as we are required to adhere to standard AML/CTF procedures, and to ensure that the funds are being returned to the rightful account holder.

As is the case in this specific instance, our compliance team had requested details from you surrounding the supplied identification, for further investigation. Naturally, I am unable to comment on the situation within a public forum.

If you are unable, I'm able to explain what happened. You firstly asked for the copy of my passport and I sent you a photo of it; after few days (more than 3) you replied you needed a scan of my passport so I sent it. From that moment I DID NOT RECEIVE A REPLY FOR 7 DAYS - I sent you more emails during those 7 days. I can post screenshot of what I'm saying.

Our accounts team had attempted to make contact with you on several occasions using the supplied phone number, shortly after receiving your request. It appears the number supplied is invalid, and this has delayed the withdrawal process exponentially, resulting in our support team dealing with this matter via email.

The phone number provided is not invalid - I told them this by email for 3 times and it seems they still ignore this - but I'm from Bangladesh and I'm not allowed with my carrier to receive phone calls from outside Bangladesh. In fact I have a call to the to complete the verification process.

As of now, you are aware the matter is with the Financial Ombudsman Service Australia (FOS), and our dispute resolution manager is obliged to work through their protocols.

I know that my dispute is with FOS now and their protocols require that you send money back to the client if everything is in order as confirmed by you.
If you are not sending my money back you are not following their protocol and you are simply holding my money illegally.

They behave like money is theirs. They disabled my account more than a month ago without any notice and they are the boss!

Hi Moshafx,

Our apologies for the delay in contacting you. Our support team have been working through this matter to have it resolved as quickly as possible. I can inform you that the funds were processed on Monday morning (Melbourne time) and our support team have emailed you.

As previously mentioned, there were concerns regarding the authenticity of the documentation supplied, along with some inconsistencies relating to your personal details, which caused the delay in processing your request. It is unfortunate that this has resulted in matters going further with the FPA.

We would expect you to see the funds in your account shortly.

Kind regards,
David

David, do you intend to follow up with the clients in the other threads I posted links to?

Hi Pharaoh,

Berndale is certainly not holding any client withdrawals. The issue was the client could not be verified by our compliance team, as they had concerns regarding identity fraud. This has now been resolved. I know Bill, Felix and yourself at the FPA quite well and have direct contact to them, having worked at the FPA for some time. I'm aware how forums can be single sided, and do not show the clear picture. As a broker, we are limited in what can be said publicly for privacy reasons, but I can assure you, that there are no issues outstanding.

Regards
Stavro

Back